Discussion of general Halloween topics
RexBHamilton
Crypt Keeper

Rex B. Hamilton thanks Kersey Valley Spookywoods

Post by RexBHamilton » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:30 pm

Rex B. Hamilton thanks Kersey Valley Spookywoods

October 12, 2006

Greetings, Fellow Haunters:

On Saturday the 7th, Tony and Donna Wohlgemuth gave me a behind-the-scenes look at their haunt, Kersey Valley Spookywoods in High Point, North Carolina. I along with my traveling companions (Eddie and Dawn McLaurin with staff member Crystal from Woods of Terror in Greensboro) arrived just a few minutes after midnight. The Spookywoods show had just ended and small groups of actors were trudging out the dark forest on their way to the costume room.

Donna and Tony were gracious hosts. They gave us four a “real version” of their small, three-scene haunted house. (Their big show is an outdoor event.) We next got a look-see at the building that houses their costumes, tools and supplies. I asked for a peek at their make-up room. (We actors are always curious what producers think of us.) The Wohlgemuths were happy to show me where their performers got made up - in the attic of the haunted house itself.

Tony is different than most producers because he dresses up and acts all night. (Donna is the person who runs the show.) It has been my experience that haunts where the owner is a lead performer rank higher than those where the producer also stage manages the production.

I thank them both for their hospitality.

Very truly yours,

Rex B. Hamilton

13939 Clifton Boulevard
Lakewood, Ohio 44107-1462
216-973-0050 (cell)
EvilLordZargon@msn.com

uncletor
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by uncletor » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:32 am

gotta love that behind the scenes look, Rex B. hamilton. Thank you. It really restores my faith in human nature when people do this out of the love of the event, really. there are so many talented people out there.
by the way. really dig the name. Like Rex Morgan, M.D. We should sell it to ABC..."REX HAMILTON, COURT APPOINTED LAWYER" "REX B HAMILTON SPECIAL FORCES" " REX B HAMILTON NASA"...you could retire on just those...
although, what sort of Halloween show would you put on with infinite resources??
keep 'em coming
Future events such as these will effect you in the future