Christmas music on the radio all the time?

Talk about movies, television shows and music!

How much Christmas Music on the radio?

Play it all the time starting after Halloween?
25%
Play it every there or four songs until just before Christmas?
50%
Bah, humbug! I don't want any on the radio?
25%

Total votes : 4

Christmas music on the radio all the time?

Postby Chris on Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:15 am

One of our local radio stations (http://www.WEJZ.com) switched to an all Christmas format the Friday before Thanksgiving. Don't get me wrong, I like Christmas music, but 35+ days of Christmas music all the time is too much in my book! Maybe every 4th song would be a better balance and then a few days before Christmas go all out? So, had to switch stations for a while.

What do you think? Is it too much?
Chris

Re: Christmas music on the radio all the time?

Postby The Dentist on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:15 pm

I find it very annoying. I know someone who wrote a letter to that very station, basically they (the WJCT) said that the market called for Christmas music to start before Thanksgiving and to be played constantly. Personally, I don't believe it. I know people (and I am one of them) who will not listen to that station again until Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. I think it is ok to play Christmas songs occasionally but how many times a day can you listen to George Michael sing Christmas songs? So I guess the answer to your question is yes, it is too much.
The Dentist

Postby Thom on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:09 pm

I don't think I could take that much Christmas music for such a long time on the radio. Fair enough on the music channels like Vh1 where its more avoidable. But on the radio where it might be playing at work or whatever it would be a tad excessive. Every 3 or 4 songs sounds about right to me.
Thom

Postby iSanta on Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:45 pm

Sorry, I don't listen to any music on the radio because I am hard of hearing impaired - but I've seen some XMAS music on TV. Last Saturday nite, my grandpa watched Lawrence Welk's Christmas Music.

Did anyone know who is Lawrence Welk? I believe he died in 1993... He was on the Music Show more than 50 years, I guess.

Santa Claus says Merry Christmas to everyone and wishes everyone the best holidays! I love you!

HO HO HO!
iSanta

Return to Holiday Entertainment