Texas Chainsaw and Haunted House

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Sheila
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Texas Chainsaw and Haunted House

Post by Sheila » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:01 am

Has anyone seen the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie? I wanted to go this weekend but I want to make sure it is worth the money. Also, some friends and I were thinking about taking to trip to Salt Lake City to go to this haunted house there called Rocky Point. Has anyone heard of it or gone? I would really like to go if it is worth the 4-5 hour drive from my house in Colorado. I would love to hear some feedback. Thanks!
"I sense there's something in the wind..."

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:52 pm

skip SAW.
friend of mine took it in and wishes he had saved it for the Jessica Simpson flick..and he HATES Jessica Simpson.
I refused to see the remake..there is one SAW and it was made by Tobe Hooper. He could put up with the remade SAW but even he thinks they've gone to the well too many times this time. If we're lucky it's like the second BLAIR WITCH..sort of put to rest ANY idea of Blair Witch #3.
Maybe if we all count to 100 and hide our eyes, it'll go away.
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:50 am

Friend of mine was watching Scream awards on Spike and heard about Saw 3 in the works. WTH??!??!?!
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:49 am

It's not only in the works...it comes out very soon.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:00 am

I am not much of a Saw series fan. I did see part 1 in theatres and thought that Cary Elwes didn't do a good job at all! I like him in other movies and shows but not in Saw especially at the last couple of scenes. He sounded as if he should be on one of the "Scary Movie" movies making fun of the Saw film. For that I did like Saw 2 better but seemed very commercial like and too high budget predictable stuff. I know I will most likely watch part 3 just becuase I seen the first two and I may end up liking it I don't know but as for a general comment on the 1-10 scale for the Saw movies I would give it a generous 4.

I watched the Spike TV scream awards last night. It was on really late too I think it ended alittle after 2:00am but it was interesting. Heres a link to the winners list and a few other interesting notes on the awards.

http://www.spiketv.com/#events/scream2006/index.jhtml
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:55 am

saw the 1st 5 min of the scream awards and had to turn it off. it bored the hell out of me.
never saw any of the saw movies and have no urge.
saw wolf creek the other day and all i could think is "what the hell is this? and quinten terautino (sp? i doubt it) said this was the scariest movie he's ever seen" i'm not saying it was a bad movie, but it was not at all scary, just another backwards psycho likes to torture and kill movie w/ far too much blood than necessary.

oh well, today's horror movies just don't have any thrill in them for me. too much blood and gore and not enough scary, kreepy moments.
maybe i'm just de-sensitized too much
trick or treat

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:04 am

I seen the Wolf Creek movie a while back. It wasn't too bad, supposedly based on a true story but you never know what actually happened cause they never even found the place all this happened It was ok, a different idea in a sense and I like watching movies without big name actors in it, it didn't seem too big budget or the film style didn't. Scary no, and what got me was the girl should of made sure that @$%$$ was totally dead and not breathing before trying to run away.... I guess thats why she became the "head on a stick".... :twisted:

As for being de-sensitized yeah I think I must be too. I haven't actually been scared in a long time and the things I think of when I watch movies and how characters should of handled the situations can sometimes be more sick and twisted then what they actually do in the movie...not that I would ever do it but I can think of some terrible ways to make sure one of the "bad guys" is not going to get back up and hunt me down again ... Oh well my me I guess that is all part of being a Generation X'er
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:10 am

when the husband and i were watching wolf creek. we kept saying what the girl should have done. like when she was pointing the rifle at the guy, we said she should shoot him. when she did we were glad, but then instead of say, bashing him in the head w/ the rifle, she hits him in the back. she definitely should have made sure the guy was dead.
and as for it being a true story, i looked it up on wikapedia. it's not a true story. it was promoted as that just like TCM was promoted as a true story.
but then again, all horror movies are based on a lttle truth :twisted:
trick or treat

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:15 am

yep bash it in and shoot him one more time for good measure....and if you felt like trying out your butchering skills yep I would do that too... :lol:

Sheila
Zombie

Post by Sheila » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:59 am

So the only person who has seen the just released Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning is uncletor's friend? I actually haven't seen the original, just the remake. What would be some good movies to rent this weekend? I'm not particularly into silent films. Where's Disney Halloween when you need it? I love scary but I also like simple put you in the spirit films like The Great Pumpkin (which I haven't seen since I was a kid). I have never seen Young Frankenstine but heard it is really funny. Any comments?
"I sense there's something in the wind..."

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:52 am

I have the movie Young Frankenstine and yes it is a good movie. I watched it not too long ago but it is one worth seeing for sure. It is a older style humor and it all depends on what you like. I liked it however my husband didn't care too much for it.. Its a Mel Brooks film (Space Balls) My husband did however introduce me to Blazing Saddles (another MB film). If you like that kind of humor in these movies then you would like Young Frankenstine...

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:55 am

Heres a link for a trailer for Young Frankinstien... Thought you might like to see it.

http://videodetective.com/default.asp?f ... shedID=279

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:11 am

Okay, a couple of murders that might work.
ALICE SWEET ALICE always impresses.
and a REAL rare one, but one that pops up more then you would think:
WHITE OF THE EYE..with the guy who was with Richard Gere in AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMEN..the guy who kills himself after he flunks out..it's around A LOT in Vhs is worth setting the old VCR up for...serial killing in the southwest...
The original TEXAS SAW, HALLOWEEN, FRI-13, EXORCIST, PSYCHO, are also safe bets. The original THE HAUNTING and the first remake from 1973 THE HAUNING OF HELL HOUSE.
YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN is fantastic and worth a look. For my money, Mels' funniest movie. Get the commentary going after to be let in on some great stuff..

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:32 pm

All right, My Jack and I are very sick with the flu and decided to rent some movies to stay in bed with. We rented The Seven Faces Of Dr Lao which my guy had never seen, a classic starring Tony Randall. Also rented House a cheesy 80's filck with William Katt. I saw the sequel (House 2) first and I like it better even though the makeup effects were pretty damn good. Tonight will be Tales Of Terror with Peter Lorre and Basil Rathbone, etc. Nothing like old movies to make you feel better!
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:27 am

Seven Faces I really really dug as a kid...good choice.
my partner here at work digs TALES OF TERROR...Basil did some pretty freaky stuff in the sixties..
get well soon, babe.