Invitations Mailed

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
Spooky
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Invitations Mailed

Post by Spooky » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:59 pm

I sent the invitations out a couple days ago. My week has been insane here. This past friday my husband had emergency surgery to have his appendix out, I couldn't believe it, he was home Saturday morning at 10am, and felt great. He's taking a few days off, since surgery is about the only way he can get a day off from his job, he's taking advantage of it. My mother had foot surgery, and is in a full leg cast, and she lives with us, so today I ended up taking her to a doctor appointment, only to get the whole way there, to find out she wrote the wrong date down, and we didn't have to be there for 2 more days. My son dislocated his thumb playing flag football in gym class a week ago and has his hand in a splint. My Aunt was just here visiting from Arizona for a week. But, yet in between it all...I addressed all the invitations, I got my menu planned out, I got shopping done, and I even made a couple pumpkin rolls and froze them for the party, and ordered more decorations. Plus, I cleaned my entire house to get it ready for guests for this next weekend. Don't ask me how though, cause I am still trying to figure it out myself. :wink:

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:46 pm

YOU ROCK, SPOOKY!!! What a woman! 8)

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:30 am

Way to go Spooky. I know how you feel... sometimes my life gets so hectic and I find myself doing 10 things at once even though I don't even realize it until I have the stuff finished! THis past weekend was our long Thanksgiving weekend (Canada) so I was so super busy. We had to travel to my husbands parents Sunday (My husband, two kids and a dog) for a turkey dinner, come back that evening arrange my two tables to make one long grand table and prepare my veggies. I had to harvest my garden for my dinner (potatoes, carrots & beans) for the dinner I was hosting on Monday (15 people total)..... Pies, turkey, veggies, pealing, cutting, decorating, kids, dog...husband, cleaning, baking.....dishes and on and on and on. This week is a busy week for me too as on Saturday is my Halloween party (for kids) and I need to do some baking but my husband is gone until Saturday next and I have my children and dog to tend to, get ready for school and the babysitters, make lunches, and then go to work myself....I did make my Halloween treat bags last night though. I used brown paper bags and wrote Happy Halloween on one side and zombie, goblin, potion...etc stuff like that on the other side and my daughter (age 11) drew pumpkins, rats, spider etc... on the bags too. One thing after another...

I hope your husband is all better and remember to sit back and smell the pumpkins! :wink:
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:42 am

Thanks pennywise, he's doing fantastic...I can't even believe he had surgery. He was bored yesterday and painted the porch steps, he goes back to work tomorrow. He just took a few days off, just to have a break, cause they seem to not know how to operate without him at work, his co-workers called here like 10 times in 2 days.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:11 am

Frustrating for you I bet... I am glad he's on the mend and must of been a bit of a scary few days at first. As for the phone...I am not a big fan I am much more of a email/snail mail person and I know I can't stand when the phone rings off the hook all the time I want to just pull the jack out of the wall.... Oh well at least he is just about back to being his whole self...minus his appendix.... :lol: just kidding.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:58 pm

Well...I am missing my gallbladder...so at least now we have matching incisions.... :wink:

It is amazing how many body parts you can live without. :shock: