Freddy VS Jason

Halloween and Horror Movies
Spooky Sam
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Freddy VS Jason

Post by Spooky Sam » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:29 pm

WOO FIRST TOPIC!!!

Anyways, I just finished watching Freddy vs Jason on DVD. It was an alright movie, but far from the best in either series. However, this raised a question: Which do you prefer? Freddy or Jason and why?
Do I SCARE you?

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:58 am

freddy, more personality.

freddy vs jason was an alright movie. i wasn't thrilled w/ the way the freddy make up was done. i was suppose to look scarier, but it just looked way overdone. the make up in the 1st nightmare was perfect. why did the make up artists have to stray w/ every movie
trick or treat

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:33 am

I agree with Rosie...Freddy he really does have more personality. I sense of humor like no other. In his films he is really a monster that can think of interesting ways to kill his victims and especially in their sleep that twist justifys the methods of madness he uses. In a dream state I know I have had some crazy dreams and anything can happen and be possible in a dream so the basis of most of the gorey events in these movies happens when the people are asleep and he can take advantage of their greatest fear. His character is very ingenious and being the son of a 100 manaics and killing his foster parents and everyone else in his path.... He is one sick sadistic puppy...but I love him!!! :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtaemwi5oAQ

Heres a link to a page that has a basic run down presentation of Freddy's development.....

I don't mind Jason as yes he is more realistic but Freddy is the kind in my opinion
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:47 am

I'd have to say Freddy as well, but only in the first Nightmare. That seen where he's walking down the alley with the really long arms is horror genius . . .
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:00 am

Freddy has been my favorite since the first Nightmare. I did enjoy FvJ but I want to see him fight someone of more personality as well. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the Pinhead match-up.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

Spooky Sam
Crypt Keeper

Post by Spooky Sam » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:35 am

Freddy VS Michael Myers= OMG! :o
Do I SCARE you?

cooleycoolgirl
Vampire

Post by cooleycoolgirl » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:52 pm

Jason any day bc he's not really pure evil. He was drawned by a bunch of retared kids and that ticked him off. i mean for gosh sakes if u were drawned by a bunch of kidoes would u not want to kill someone if you came back to life? :twisted: :twisted:
Im into haunted places

Fireboy
Ghost

Post by Fireboy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:58 pm

the movie sux its so predictable

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:32 am

Fireboy, how was it predictable? Please explain..
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:38 pm

Jason Voorhees.

He's no talk all action. No stupid jokes. He's like a machine. He is going to get you, and it will be horrible, unless you are one of the very few fortunate enough to survive with mental scars your whole life (Poor Tommy Jarvis).

Jason doesn't kill you inside a lame Nintendo game. He doesn't crack one liners. He intimidates you without saying a thing. He owns you.

ooga_booga
Haunt Master

Post by ooga_booga » Wed May 09, 2007 11:04 am

Jason, as I feel I can relate to him more.
I know how it feels to be considered subhuman, and wanting to get revenge. (I haven't seen any of the friday the 13th movies yet, but I've read the online synopsis for them.)
p.s. he isn't constantly making lame jokes.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:09 am

Ooga_Booga, I've never heard anyone say they like the Jason Voorhees character because they can relate to him. That's pretty darned creepy. :wink:

Someone else posted they liked the Jason character because he is more realistic. Didn't Jason come back to life in one of those movies because Horshack from Welcome Back Kotter put a spike in his chest that lightning hit?? :wink:

Jason has all the motivation and interest of a basic zombie. He's dead/undead, he's unstoppable and he kills. Sure there was a reason back in 80 or 81 as to the "why," but essentially he kills. The character took several films to take form and his defining feature is a piece of sports equipment.

Freddy Krueger came out of the gate as a fully defined and realized character. True, his popularity and his creepiness were inversely proportional and if never became the Henny Youngman of monsters he wouldn't have exploded the way he did (figuratively speaking this time, because the dude has actually combusted in the past).

But unlike Jason Voorhees, Freddy Krueger can be stripped of his burdensome sequels to the essence of a well thought out and executed monster. To do that with Jason all you get is some soggy kid at the bottom of a lake. It took another film or so for the Michael Meyers inspired character to finalize.

I don't think anyone would argue that the faces of Freddy, Jason, and Michael should all be on the Mt. Rushmore of Modern Horror, but the award for best new idea for a classic monster has to go to Freddy Krueger.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:11 am

cooleycoolgirl wrote:Jason any day bc he's not really pure evil. He was drawned by a bunch of retared kids and that ticked him off. i mean for gosh sakes if u were drawned by a bunch of kidoes would u not want to kill someone if you came back to life? :twisted: :twisted:
Actually, I think I'd take some swimming lessons if I came back to life.

I'm just saying.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:36 pm

Freddy is highly over rated. He talks to much and some of his ideas about how to kill these kids are seriously lame. He's a crispy fried david letterman with an Indiana Jones hat, a Christmas sweater, and butter knives. He's not funny, and if he's not funny, why even talk? You strip the sequels away and you have Freddy, as boring in the first as he was in his sequels.

As for Jason being Myers inspired, that's an old overused arguement. Those two characters couldn't be more different.

Jason is essence is the one who doesn't care for small talk, doesn't like wasting his time with stupidity. At his core he is an uncanny killing hulk. That's why he kicks tail.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:14 am

To say the Jason/Michael Meyers connection is an "over used" argument does not speak to its merit, more so that it is such a keen observation many have made it. You're opinion is valid because it's yours and you're entitled to it. I would disagree that the original concept of Freddy Krueger is boring. I personally feel the notion of a madman who stalks the children of his killers through their dreams is inspired and unique. As far as Jason Voorhees, I'm not a fan. Unlike the other modern horror monsters Jason was a work in progress rather than a fully realized concept.

Hulking guy in a mask who kills co-eds with a large blade.

Now, who am I talking about?