Cheating on Halloween...

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Halloween the 13th
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Cheating on Halloween...

Post by Halloween the 13th » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:58 pm

Ever feel like you cheated on Halloween?

Seems like every year when Halloween has come and gone, I wish I had done more.

It's always the sadest time of year for me, the 1st of November. Even though I watch tons of scary movies, got to my mom's with my wife for tons of trick or treaters, decorate my house like hell... I always fell like I didn't take advantage of my favorite holiday to it's fullest.

Anyone else feel like this?

Maybe next year I'll begin to relive it through my first child. My wife is due in December. That's what I always thought would make it completly fulfilling again. Especially when he gets about 7 or 8 and I can let him watch scary movies (the classics like Halloween, F13th, TCM, The Shining, The Exorcist) like my mom did with me. Probably too young, but hey... I turned out OK.

I think

:wink:
The 13 days of Halloween was my idea!!! My idea I say!!!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:06 pm

Oh, honey...please...every year I have a major crash Nov 1st!! I always feel like there was "more" I could have done. But every year we have a blast and that's what really counts, isn't it?? SO.. have fun, just relax, and keep repeating "It's enough, it's enough..." LOL :lol: And congratulations on your blessed event!!

lttlnative
Ghost

Try Volunteering for a haunted house!

Post by lttlnative » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:59 pm

I live in Vancouver Washington, and just across the bridge is Portland Oregon. We as a family used to volunteer at the haunted house. He starts building the stuff in July and you have the pleasure of helping set up and tear down. Also the best part scaring the pants of a bunch of people! This guy did a great job and I think last year had 4 or 5 haunted houses! He needed lots of volunteers! And you could change jobs, you could be close to the public or in the shadows working props!
Think about it!
http://www.screamatthebeach.com/
any questions give me a ringy dingy!
:twisted:
Lttlnative

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:06 pm

I think we all suffer from the same affliction. I call it TooOldToGoTrickOrTreatingitis.
I say the hell with it. I went trick or treating when I was 27, and not one person gave me a hard time for it.

Someone on here mentioned something about starting "the 13 days of Halloween." I think that's a great idea, one I am adopting this year. I'm going to do something ghouish and fiendish every night starting Wed. Oct. 18th.

Anyone have any good ideas?
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:53 pm

I feel the same way...we were just outside looking at everything, and I said...I feel like I could do more. But, if I do more, then it just gets junked up.

I hate when it's over too, but then I just move on to the next holiday, even though this is my favorite.

I definately think 7 & 8 years old is way too young for those scary movies. I started watching scary stuff around 13....and I was a total mess as a kid, about being afraid of the boogey man and I was afraid of the dark, and afraid of there being someone under my bed or in my closet. Every night before I went to bed, I would look under it to see if anyone was under there, and I had to sleep with a night light and the door cracked open. I would have horrible nightmares.

I think too much violence and scary stuff at a young age, is way too much for kids at that age.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:46 am

I know exactly what you are talking about. And actually I am already starting to feel that way. I feel like October is full....got lots going on and never get a chance to really do everything. I keep thinking there is more time. SUch as each year I say I should have done more haunted houses...or decorated more....or thought up more ideas. But then it just begins my obsession with next year.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:05 am

most of the time i am pretty satisfied. I always love the after trick or treating feel kinda like halloween 2
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:53 am

I know what you mean Mandy0221 re: feeling about down about the coming end.... I have a bit of the feeling now too. I suppose I am more pumped about Halloween in the Summer cause in October I feel a bit of fear come over me that time is running out and I need to do all the Halloween stuff before its too late!!!! I can't stand that feeling but its part of the whole experience I guess. I good movie I watch after Halloween in November is Nightmare Before Christmas I only watch it in November and thats it... Its just one of my theraputic methods of coping yet merging the two seasons together....
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:31 am

yeah, there's a BUNCH of films that for me, bridge the gap between the two seasons..Edward Scissorhands is another..
What I don't DO this year, I put off for NEXT year..with the central goal of saying to myself..do not make it BIGGER..do not make it SMALLER..make it BETTER..sometimes that means BOTH..more tombstones, improved coffin, you get the idea..
as for the trick or treating, grab a small kid in the family and use them. the parents wil probably thank you, and you can usualy grab some stuff..my guy is 15 and thinks he's too old, so he helps me now, and we chow down on pizza and our monster brew..got him a big honken' syringe so he can drink it (or shoot it straight down his throat) too.
It's all good..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future