Bah humbug!

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?

Who is your favorite slasher?

Michael Myers
50%
Jason Voerhees
20%
Leatherface
No votes
Freddy Krueger
30%

Total votes: 20

thislazylife
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Bah humbug!

Post by thislazylife » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:09 pm

You know what really digusts me? Going into a store to look for Halloween stuff and seeing the Christmas stuff on display already. Damn, can we please just celebrate one holiday at a time and not have Halloween (the best holiday ever) tarnished by the mass marketing/consumerism holiday that is Christmas? It's three months away! Where were the Halloween decorations in August, I ask you?
Okay, I'm done rambling.

Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Post by Hdunlopclark » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:03 pm

couldent feel more the same and even easter eggs are starting to pop up now!!! :?:

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:19 pm

I completely agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:13 am

Agree totally...would love to be able to concentrate on one holiday at a time...(except for Halloween, which I think about EVERY day :twisted: )

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:55 pm

i fully agree
saturday i was at k mart searching for decorations. there was only 1 isle for halloween and 3 (not including tree displays) of christmas.
trick or treat

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:50 pm

Bogus! The K Mart near my house has TONS of Halloween stuff!
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

HauntedInIl
Ghost

Post by HauntedInIl » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:21 am

It appears that the once threesome of holidays (even though you can't really call Halloween a holiday), has now dwindled down to a twosome. All Thanksgiving has become is just a four day weekend sandwiched between the other two big days of the year.

Damn I love fall!!

LadyLestat
Vampire

Post by LadyLestat » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:56 pm

Wow i can't believe i actually found a forum with people just as obscessed with Halloween as me. You guys rock. That does piss me off. If they can put Christmas stuff up in October, they should put Halloween stuff up in July!! :evil:
" A true poet is of the Devil's party." - William Blake

kevin
Crypt Keeper

Post by kevin » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:49 am

I am all in on this one too. I went to target today, as well as last week, and while there "center" display is still halloween, all the good stuff is pretty much gone and tons of christmas stuff out. I don't get it. I like decorating for Christmas too, but man.. could we at least focus on what I think everyone in this forum agrees wtih is the best holiday!

BTW, HauntedInIl, your wrong.. Thanksgiving is no longer a holiday. What it is is a evening to fill your belly before tenting out on some curb with complete strangers in hopes to get at least one sale item come friday morning. I tell u, it pisses me off.. Fry's (huge electronic store out here if you dont have one near you or heard of it), always has these big sales, but, and I kid you not, the line was over a mile long to get in by 4am! I didn't go, but a friend did. Stood in line for like 6 hours before finally getting in because they didn't let everyone go in at once. Apparently, the first time they did this many fights broke out over the few items stocked that everybody wanted, such as flat panel tvs and dvd recorders and such. I am sure this year will be the same!! If only I worked for a company that gave a bonus, I'd so be in line for a 32" flat panel to replace my 16 year old 27" tube with missing buttons (but still works great!).

Anyone actually go early or camp out over night?

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:28 am

Not that I'm cheap, but most of my shopping is done at Thrift stores, flea marts, and rummage sales. I dig vintage stuff.
I agree with Kevin about Thanksgiving. I usually try and fast that day.
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:10 pm

Fasting on Thanksgiving? Now there is an idea!!!!!!

I am sure you all read my other post...but a few houses around her already started their outdoor Christmas decorations. I guess I am just thankful the Christmas music hasnt started in the stores yet. Oh and what else makes me mad...all the Halloween stuff is being saled off already to make room for the Christmas sutff. I wasnt even done making my purchases and they are already selling out of things!!!!!!!!!!

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:36 pm

Oh I was thinking the same thing the past few days re: Halloween decorations. It is a bit depressing when I see the Halloween things in the reduce to sell bins (not that I am complaining about the price) and the bare shelfs with hardly anything on them. I suppose they don't want to restock this late but I know for Christmas they have the shelfs stock up even past Christmas... Oh well if I will the lottery I would open a 365 days/year Halloween shop and have to think of a really great name. :lol:
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:23 pm

How 'bout:

"Hallowhenever"

Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Post by Hdunlopclark » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:51 pm

how about "your one stop horror shop" lol :lol:

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:24 pm

Thislazylife - I love that name......Hallowhenever! : )

I wonder if stores like that actually make good money. There is a novelty store near me that has halloween stuff up pretty much all year around but they are EXPENSIVE!!! Tombstones for $75.00 - costumes for $100+