Haunted Porch

Are you a yard or home haunter? Discuss that here.
hauntmaster

Haunted Porch

Post by hauntmaster » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:53 pm

I love to decorate my haunted porch every year for Halloween only. I prepare everything like props, corpses, coffins, tombstones, almost everything else on the porch and on the ground nearby the porch to make it looks like graveyard.
Last edited by hauntmaster on Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImAWalkingCorpse
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by ImAWalkingCorpse » Sat May 27, 2006 11:36 pm

I do as well, and then stand out in front as either Michael Myers or laying in my flower patch done up as a zombie. It scares the heck out of the neighbor kids but they enjoy it.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sat May 27, 2006 11:44 pm

That's cool!

If we like to share the info "How-To's" and some great ideas... We can share each other, what do you think??

FiSoWeird
Zombie

Post by FiSoWeird » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:09 am

Lol this one time this guy scared the <deleted> outta me by jumping out and screaming at me. I was like "HOLY!" LOL, but, he just laughed. Rude. Lol.
Just give me something to get rid of him... - Alexz Johnson, Skin, Instant Star VOL. 1

Chat Noir
Zombie

Post by Chat Noir » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:06 pm

I like to decorate my front porch with an icky-looking Frankenstein-like guy every year. I cover his body with a bloody sheet, and have his hand hang over the side so that it brushes up against the trick or treaters as they walk past. You can tell the kids are just waiting for him to jump up at them!
I also add eerie sound effects, a cauldron that spews fog and green light, and hang a 3-foot-wide spider from the ceiling.

Last year I got the thrill of my life when I overheard one of the kids say to his friend, "This house has the best decorations!"

FiSoWeird
Zombie

Post by FiSoWeird » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:57 am

Chat Noir wrote:Last year I got the thrill of my life when I overheard one of the kids say to his friend, "This house has the best decorations!"
Lol, that's hot, I luv going to houses like yours, but I get scared easilly, so. I have to be careful.
Just give me something to get rid of him... - Alexz Johnson, Skin, Instant Star VOL. 1

mystixmanor
Ghost

Post by mystixmanor » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:04 pm

I wish trick or treaters came out this way.. but maybe I could do a haunted porch or a haunted garage to enter my Halloween party this year.. this sounds fun!!
Mystix

shanbanclear
Vampire

Post by shanbanclear » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:55 pm

I like to decorate my porch as well, but one thing that I have done since I was a kid is set large speakers out on the porch that are connected to a cd or cassette player. I usually hide them under a sheet or some decoration that covers them well. When trick or treaters come to the door, I hit play on the player (which was turned to full blast) and blast them with either sound effects like fighting cats or if they are little kids, the monster mash. It ALWAYS gets a jump out of people. Mainly because they are creeped out by the decorations and are expecting something anyway. One thing that I did last year was set up a video camera outside my window that was connected to a small television on our entertainment center. The camera was aimed at the door, so when the trick or treaters came we could see them perfectly. After they knocked, I would hit play on the CD player and watch their reaction on the monitor. It was great fun. We had a group of people come over and we ate pizza and watched a movie, all while watching the monitor waiting for trick or treaters. It's a fun way to give people a scare from the comfort of your living room!

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:42 pm

i use scare crows
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:42 pm

I have a really big wrap-around porch. It is so fun to decorate for Halloween. I use scarecrows, pumpkins, hay bales and stuff like that. I allso hang a skeleton on the side of the porch, off of the rain gutters.

I also turn my garden into a grave yard and decorate the tress and stuff. I try not to get too gory for the kids in the neighborhood, because alot of them are so young.

After Halloween, I take down the skeleton and graveyard, but alot of other stuff I leave up for Thanksgiving.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:02 pm

I don't have a porch, but I do have a front window, and this is often where the decorations will go. I try to put little something there every Halloween, sometimes I don't have the opportunity to do a lot but at the very least I will put a little figure in the window or put up some cardboard decorations or small plastic pumpkins. I bought a nice battery-operated fiber optic pumpkin a few years ago and it has functioned perfectly all this time, and it fits on the windowsill, too! Last year I tried to vary the decoration a little each day during the October month.

shanbanclear
Vampire

Post by shanbanclear » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:40 pm

tomanderson wrote:I don't have a porch, but I do have a front window, and this is often where the decorations will go. I try to put little something there every Halloween, sometimes I don't have the opportunity to do a lot but at the very least I will put a little figure in the window or put up some cardboard decorations or small plastic pumpkins. I bought a nice battery-operated fiber optic pumpkin a few years ago and it has functioned perfectly all this time, and it fits on the windowsill, too! Last year I tried to vary the decoration a little each day during the October month.
You are just getting started my friend. I think for most people it starts small, but if you are a true yard haunter, each year you are just going to want to get bigger and bigger.....at least that is how I am!

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:23 am

yep every year your collection grows and grows.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:01 am

I have done larger things with windows previously...I have taken large black sheets and encapsulated an area behind the window in a kind of half-circle, and then opened the curtains part of the way, so people passing by can look in the window and see this black area. This area can be lit with a blacklight tube and hung with glowing skeletons (like Beistle skeletons) or various fluorescent goodies. If done properly, you can have the lights on inside the house but enough layers of black sheets will stop the light, so that people looking in see only a seemingly endless black void, and not the warmly-lit livingroom behind the draped black sheets.
Last edited by tomanderson on Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:40 am

That sounds really cool. I have a big porch so it's easy to decorate, but my yard is another matter. Although I do put up props in my yard I must be careful. There are two schools nearby and lots of kids are always walking past my house. Every now and then they throw garbage in my yard or try to steal a decoration. It gets frustrating but I love Halloween too much to let them get to me.