Don't ya just love scene setters??

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Spooky
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Don't ya just love scene setters??

Post by Spooky » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:04 am

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:23 am

I've never used those before. Where did you get them?

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:57 am

OMG...you can get them anywhere...Wal-Mart has them. Party City- that is an awesome place for Halloween.

Most Catalogs have them...Oriental Trading company does...and they are cheap...like maybe $4 for smaller ones and $15 for huge ones, and they are so cool...My house is wood...so I can thumb tack them right to the house, and I tape them on my fence.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:12 pm

That's a great idea. I would put them on my fence but I know the bratty little neighborhood kids would steal them!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:03 am

I've used them before, they are a cheap and very easy way to add to the decor. And reusable, if treated nicely. They are a great way to turn a room into something else like a dungeon or castle...you literally put it up like wallpaper...works great!

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:32 am

I have the Moaning Lisa one in my room. It always makes my guests look twice. It is great!! Click on the link and enlarge pic to see it!! By the way, THIS store sells Halloween all year round!!

http://www.partyamericastore.com/ghoul-gallery.html
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:19 am

The past couple of years I have used scene setters.. I save them from year to year of course and in my bathroom I have a giant spider breaking out of the wall and another one on my bathroom door that looks like there are hundreds of spiders swarming it. I have a coffin and skeleton setting in my dining area, bats flying on my ceiling and a pumpkin patch in my front room. I find they really add to a room as long as you put them on neatly and securly. I really like how they are very realistic looking and in good detail. I having put those up yet but soon...
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Lynnber
Ghost

Post by Lynnber » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:32 pm

I bought a bunch of scene setters this year, and am wondering if there's a way to get rid of the creases they have from being folded. They've been up a couple days and I was hoping that they would smooth themselves out, but no such luck. Any ideas?
Lynnber in S. Florida

Felix Felicis
Zombie

Post by Felix Felicis » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:34 pm

Love them!
As for the creases, I would try putting them on a flat piece of cardboard under the mattress.
Happy hauntings!

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:16 pm

I love that idea of putting them outside. I wish we had a siding house....we have brick so it wouldnt work. Love it!!!

kiki
Vampire

Scene setters

Post by kiki » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:49 am

I used a blow dryer and got some of the creases out. Tsakes a while though. I have a hard time keeping them stuck to walls. Any suggestions?
I am getting excited!!! It's getting close!

Lynnber
Ghost

Post by Lynnber » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:51 pm

To stick them to the walls we used push pins. After they were all in place, my husband walked around with a spray paint can and painted them black. Can't notice them at all now. We had tried tape and that sticky putty stuff, but they kept falling down - the push pins have been lifesavers... eh, scene savers.
Lynnber in S. Florida

LadyLestat
Vampire

Post by LadyLestat » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:02 pm

Yeah I plan on using them this year for my graveyard theme. I'll probably end up using duct tape to put them up inside.
" A true poet is of the Devil's party." - William Blake

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:42 am

Whoohoo for push pins. I have a tackle box full of clear ones and they are amazing. That's what I use to hang up most of my decor and it looks great. Especially stuff I hang from the ceiling with white thread to make it look like it's floating.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

kiki
Vampire

Post by kiki » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:34 am

I will use push pins. I hate making holes in walls, but I guess I will. I used duck tape last year and you could see it behind the plastic and when I took them down it took paint with it and left sticky stuff. I have this poster stuff for walls maybe I'll try first.
I am getting excited!!! It's getting close!