Halloween appetizers

Got a good recipe? Share it here!
Spooky
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Halloween appetizers

Post by Spooky » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:53 pm

I have done so many different things.....and I have all kinds of dessert ideas for this year, and some regular food stuff....but I would love more ideas for things like party appetizer stuff. I am making sausage, cheese & apple meatballs, deviled egg eyeballs, a veggie platter, ham and chicken salad sandwiches cut in to bone shapes, bbq little smokies, and some kind of cheeseball of some sort...I have made about 10 different varieties of cheeseballs. I have done deep fried appetizers like pizza wedges, macaroni and cheese triangles, hot pepper cheese balls, broccoli and cheese balls...and breaded cauliflower. I have made sweet and sour meatballs, submarine sandwiches, I have even ordered pizzas. I have made hot dogs wrapped in cresent rolls to look like mummies, and it gets harder to think up new things all the time. I don't like making stuff that is real messy or can stain anything...allthough I do cover all my furniture for the party with Halloween material.

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:06 pm

This is going to be super vague, but maybe it will lead you somewhere cool. There was a magazine, from this year, but I can't remember which one. It had the long pretzel logs dipped in green dyed white chocolate and candy corns on the ends to make it look like witch fingers. Then they had ones with regular chocolate that they called monster fingers, and white chocolate for mummy fingers. I thought that was pretty cute, and not too messy once the chocolate firms up.

I did a cheese dip with velveeta and rotel chilli tomatoes, and you can add taco meat too, if you want, and I put blue food coloring in it to make it green, it was disgusting, but it tasted awesome. You can even find blue tortilla chips to make it extra exotic.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:59 pm

I have dipped pretzel rods in white chocolate and rolled them in red, white & blue sprinkles for the 4th of July, but never did that for Halloween.

I am going to make some appetizers where you take tortillas, lettuce, mayo, cream cheese, roast beef, and you can use just about anything, and roll them and slice them. You can do any kind of combo of stuff for that.

I am thinking of making grilled chicken sandwiches on a crossiant with lettuce and mayo, and cut them in to quarters, like finger food.

I am hungry for chili after reading about everyone eating chili...I might have to make that for supper tomorrow night. Yum, and some good Italian bread..

I did take bowls and filled them up with Halloween M&M's and I got those candy sticks (you get them at the General stores for .10 each-they come in all kinds of flavors-I got: Lime, Grape, Licorice, and Orange, and apple flavored ones, and stuck them down in the M&M's -they looked cute.

I probably will have 50-100 people here, that's why I am trying to comeup with alot of food, that feeds alot of people.

I have tons of books I have been looking through. I still am looking too.

Thanks for the ideas.

fabulous
Ghost

Post by fabulous » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:48 pm

Check out
http://www.kraftfoods.com
and
http://www.pillsbury.com
They both have some easy looking halloween food on their front webpage.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:35 pm

Thank you. I will check them both out. :D

LadyLestat
Vampire

Post by LadyLestat » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:23 pm

Aww i love the little Mummy hotdogs on the pilsbary site!! how cute!!! :D
" A true poet is of the Devil's party." - William Blake

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:54 am

Ohhhh, I love both of those sites!! My favorite idea so far this year, is the big marshmallows turned into skulls. You cut them about halfway through at the halfway mark and put three or four little pieces of rolled up marshmallows in the cut and use black gel icing and make eyes and a nose, they were super cute. I think they were in the Martha Stewart magazine.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

yummum29
Ghost

Post by yummum29 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:45 pm

I don't know if ayone has seen this site, but it looks pretty good. some recipes I have but a few new ideas!http://www.fabulousfoods.com/holidays/h ... cipes.html

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:01 pm

I have done the pretzle rods for halloween....but I do them with mini orange and black m&m's they are very yummy. I also find that a good thing of tortilla chips and a hot cheese dip really gets people. I even take a mini pumpkin and put a food name tag next to items to really creep it up. Like Devils stew.....Witch brains....etc. etc.