Help with party theme

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
LadyLestat
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

Help with party theme

Post by LadyLestat » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:51 pm

hey guys im planning on doing a halloween party with a graveyrd theme, and my props limit is $150. does any one know where i can find this type of stuff, like tombstones and webs, from places you guys have bought from :?:
" A true poet is of the Devil's party." - William Blake

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:07 pm

That's exactly what I am doing too.

Go to:

http://www.orientaltradingcompany.com

Type in Tombstones or Cemetary. You can do alot with $150.

I am covering all my stuff with black tableclothes, and using purple lights, and I am spray painting pumpkins black, and using spray adhesive to stick silver glitter on them. I bought an awesome tombstone with a skeleton on it for a centerpiece, and I have spanish moss, and spiders and rats, and leaves, and I bought tombstone shaped serving platters.

I bought plastic cups with skeletons on them, and I bought that creepy clothing that looks all torn...I am hanging that in my archway in my dining room, and weaving purple lights inside it.

I think it will be way cool.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:09 pm

Hey I saw a cute recipe in a mag that you might be able to use at the party. You take those Suzie Q's the chocolate cakes with cream in the middle....you freeze them for like 30 minutes or till they get hard./ Then remove them and cut to look like a coffin that raises up and down. Then you can add little skeletons....gummy bear or whatever.

brendaboo
Ghost

Post by brendaboo » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:07 pm

Go to a place like Home Depot and get a sheet of insulation foam, it's about 1 1/2 " thick and cuts really easily. Cut out tombstones and spray them with gray paint. (.96 at Wal*Mart). Write creative names on them. A simple idea I saw in a mag. consists of putting some dirt in your wheelbarrow and placing some plastic bones in it. I did this and made a stuffed zombie pushing it, he appears to be robbing graves.