How spooky?

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
Felix Felicis
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

How spooky?

Post by Felix Felicis » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:20 am

I love halloween and so am having a party for my 5 year old (girl) how scary can I go as I dont know how far I can push the other children either?
Its only scheduled for 2 hours but I dont want to bore them or frighten them too much.
Happy hauntings!

mschonondlerbong
Zombie

Post by mschonondlerbong » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:15 am

I think the amount of scary really depends on the children attending. Even at my daughters age (13), when I have her Halloween party, I need to tone it down some because she has two friends that get frightened very easily - so instead of watching Thirteen Ghosts (which is my daughters favorite movie), they watch something like Monsters, Inc. For 5 year olds, I wouldn't have anything jump out at them or grab them. Spiders and bats hanging from the ceiling may be appropriate. A coffin that opens and closes (but nothing grabbing them) may be appropriate. A witch that circles from above may be appropriate. As for games: unwrapping hersey kisses with mittens, a goo relay (goo = 1 part water to 4 parts cornstarch with some green food coloring), a cotton ball relay (kids race from one end of the yard to the other with a cotton ball on a spoon - if the cotton ball falls off, they start over), ring toss, dropping clothes pin in a jar, bobbing for donuts (hang donuts by a string and without using their hands the kids eat the donut), find the hersey kiss (place a hersey kiss on a paper plate, cover the hersey kiss with whipping cream, and have each child look for the hersey kiss on their plate without using their hands). As for food: if you look under 'halloween food' on any search engine (google, yahoo, etc), you'll let tons of recipes. Have a great time!!!!!!! :twisted:
There is not one shred of evidence that proves the notion that life should be taken seriously.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:26 am

What great ideas for a children's party! Your kids are lucky to have such a creative mom.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:08 am

I would use those ghost props that make noice when you walk by it. you might be able to use the peeled grapes as eyeballs thing there into that by then.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:07 pm

I would avoid anything that is evil or spooky - not too dark. Have the party in the day time or early evening so that it is light outside. Sometimes kids are very scared of little things that pop out. I would focus on the games mentioned above and I am sure they will have a wonderful time.

You could even create a mock pumpkin patch in your yard....section off an area and buy small pumpkins and gords...sprinkle some hay around. Let each kid going hunting in the pumpkin patch for their take home pumpkin. Then it is like a cute little take home prize.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:18 am

mandy0221, what a sweet idea!!

Felix Felicis
Zombie

Post by Felix Felicis » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:12 am

Thanks for the ideas.
I was going to have the first HP film on in the living room for any of them who were miserable....oppps, sorry I mean scared :lol: .
I love the pumpkin patch idea.
The party starts at 5:30pm, here in the uk it will be really dark by then (and a big chance of it peeing down).
My daughter seems ok with it all, but that might just be a reflection from me.

(btw, thirteen ghost scared the poo out of me!)
Happy hauntings!

mschonondlerbong
Zombie

Post by mschonondlerbong » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:17 pm

Felix~ My heart was thumping during Thirteen Ghosts. My daughter, at that time age 8, loved it. She loved "The Jackel" character. Her other favorite movie is "Stay Alive" - where if you die playing a video game you die in real life (the video game is actually based on Countess Elizabeth Bathory - a real countess from the 1500's - tortured women/girls for their blood to keep her young). Hope your child and yourself have a wonderful Halloween. :twisted:
There is not one shred of evidence that proves the notion that life should be taken seriously.

William
Haunt Master

Post by William » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:10 am

Yep, but HP for halloween like it's okey but try a little bit of scarynot really scary, i dont have any idee's now, and try spooky games :P
Halloween is coming,be sure to be dead until then, if not all hallows eve will take care