The Deal of the Century!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
MichaelMyers
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

The Deal of the Century!

Post by MichaelMyers » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:07 pm

Ok-so this is the ONE place where I can share my excitement!! About 3 years ago, my husband bought me the Lighting FX. (For those of you not familiar with it, its the little black box that you plug all your Halloween lights into. (via a power strip) It comes with a fabulous SPOOKY CD with lots of thunder, lightining, screaming, etc. You set the box next to a CD player with the music.....instant Haunted House! The lights are sensored by the music, and flick on and off depending on whats going on. Example...loud scream, lights are bright...if it thunders, they flicker and dim with the thunder....Very cool. This is my FAVORITE Halloween effect) Well, Jason got it 3 years ago at Menards for $24.99. Totally worth that much. Have not seen it the past years there. So I wanted to get one for my Aunt who is as crazy about Halloween as I am and does the full yard display. I thought it would be a perfect addition! (I blame my love for Halloween on her....she took me to see Poltergeist at the drive in when I was 5 and I have been hooked ever since!) Ok-back to the story -Needless to say, I could not find it anywhere in town, so I decided to order it from Fright Catalog. It was $24.99 plus tax and shipping. It ended up being $32. something. So I was all fired up to send this to my Aunt this weekend. I stopped in CVS today to pick up some random items. This particular CVS used to be Osco Drugs, but they bought Osco out, so its now CVS. So of course I head straight to the Halloween section and am looking over the shelves when I see a familiar purple and black box. I pick it up ....it was none other than the Lighting FX!! Then I look at the price tag.......$4.99!!! :shock: I had to look twice! :shock: :shock: $4.99 for the most fabulous yard effect! So I grabbed one, then two,.....then cleaned out the rest of the shelf! They had 4 total and I bought FOUR for less than I paid for ONE-this year and three years ago with our first!! So now I have one for my Aunt, one we can use in the back yard, and two on reserve! (in case one day two of the others should happen to bite the dust) They had Osco tags on them, so I think they were left over from Oscos inventory and were just trying to clear them out! I was so excited -this is the most fabulous Halloween deal I have ever gotten!! I want to put them all over my house! My husband laughed when I told him I bought all four, but he wouldnt be laughing if something happened to our first and we had to pay $32. for a new one! I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!! (sorry this post is so long and rambling...)

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:25 am

What a GREAT story!!! I would have bought all four, too! :lol:

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:42 am

Oh my goodness - that is a really neat idea. I have seen people do it for Christmas but for Halloween....how cool. I thought you needed some super expensive machine wired to a computer....blah blah blah.

I might have to take notice if I see any of those. I always play music on Halloween night so it would be a neat effect.

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:57 am

ooooooh, there's a CVS right by my house! I'm going to go check today! I know MWRuger was planning a haunted porch, and mine is perfect for something like that, too! Thanks for sharing!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:06 pm

You are welcome! We use it to light our entire front yard and our speakers are SUPER loud so you can hear it coming down the street! I love it!