The Fog

Talk about television shows, movies, music and more!
Spooky
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

The Fog

Post by Spooky » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:49 pm

I am talking about John Carpenter's original version.

It was my scary movie of the night tonight. It was creeping me out, cause at the end we got a bad thunderstorm, with some heavy duty rain and lightening....I don't like lightening at all.

The movie is so cool, cause it has a neat storyline, and I love the lighthouse...I love the way John Carpenter filmed stuff, and the way he did the effects, and wrote all his own music, and it was all intense. John Carpenter has a cameo in the very beginning of the movie, he is a worker and ask the "Father" -Hal Holbrook- about getting paid for a job he did there.

I love when the FOG is rolling in to Antonio Bay, and Stevie Wayne can see it from up in the light house and she is using the radio to beg someone to go pick her son up and get him out of the house.

Jamie Leigh Curtis and Janet Leigh are in this movie together. How cool is that?

MWRuger
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MWRuger » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:20 pm

Yeah, this is a great film! John Houseman is wicked cool narrating the ghost story at the start. Very well done. Janet Leigh is excellent and the relationship with her assistant is great. Good cast and well acted.

Loved the creepy ghosts and Adrienne Barbeau was very effective, especially when she was being chased in the lighthouse.

John Carpenter is well known for his film scores, although he does collaborate as he did on Ghosts of Mars and The Thing with Ennio Morricone. If you like this kind of music you should check out some of his other scores. Mouth of Madness is pretty good and for early stuff Escape from New York is pretty choice.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:57 pm

Never saw it. I've been meaning to, because we own it but I haven't had a chance to sit down and watch it. Now that I am hearing such great things I think I need to make some time for it, maybe in the next couple days or so.