Never tried it
88%

Total votes: 8

just_me
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

Great princess costume!

Post by just_me » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:19 pm

Last year for Halloween, I asked my 7 year old daughter (now 8) what she wanted to be. She replied excitedly, "A princess!". We went to Walmart to pick out a costume and saw few princess costumes and only 2 fit her and she didn't like them. Instead of giving up, I took her to the department where they sell sewing items. I asked her what color dress she wanted. She told me she wanted a blue one with blue lace. When she was saticfided with the color blue, we looked for blue lace.We found that, too. She said a princess was not complete without princess shoes and a tiara. I took her to the toy islse and I got her one of those little dress-up kits. Since she is short for her age, you may want to try finding cheap shoes or an old pair. For the tiara, maybe find something like one and use that or make one. Some tiaras are sold separatly. The costume I made for her was a sucess! She wore it for school costume day and her teacher wrote me a note and said how wonderful the costume was!
Julie

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:31 pm

when i was little i did the princess costume
i wore my flower girl dress from the previous summer and my old communion crown. didn't have princess shoes though, i wanted sneakers so i could run around.
my mom was happy that she found another use for a $100 dress
trick or treat

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:48 pm

I wasn't even really a princess but I was belle from beauty and the beast. My grandmother sewed it in a pink fabric because pink was my favorite color. I guess you could say I looked like a princess but I was really belle.

I never once ever bougt a costume from a store. I have always had it made or gotten creative. Those darn costumes are EXPENSIVE.