is this a good idea for a kid's party

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
midnight kitty
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

is this a good idea for a kid's party

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:45 pm

i was thinking about buying a bunch of small pumpkins and let the kids decorate them for my daughter's party.
they're all 4 yrs old and i think it'll be fun, but am i in a little bit over my head considering their age?
trick or treat

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:28 pm

Hi Rosie, I have a son who is 4 years old and I am having a kids Halloween party on the 14th this year as I am having a "grown up" party on the 28th. I think that the pumpkin idea is cool. If you are thinking it is going to be too much you could get some of those mini pumpkins or gords and instead of havng them hollow them out they could always paint them and just pick up some halloween styles craft supplies from the dollars store (sparkles, eyeballs, black feathers etc...) and make it a "magic pumpkin" craft instead of a Jack o lantern or something like that. YOu could make up a little story to go along with it. I know for this years kids party I bought some plain wood pumpkin cut outs from the store and orange, black, red, etc... paints with the feathers and the whole bit (all dollar store cheapy stuff) for them to start the party off with a craft until everyone gets there and by the end of hte party the craft will be dry and they can take it with them along with there little treat bag... I love getting right into the games during HAlloween. There are so many good ones.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:41 pm

that's a good idea, thanks
trick or treat

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:37 pm

At last years party we did this. We had small pumpkins and gords so every kid was able to really find a unique pumpkin. Then we had tacky glue with little pom-poms and google eyes. We also had foam halloween cut outs with sticky backs. (at michaels) they came with words and everything.

But the glue gets messy so if you want to do that may I suggest some kind of apron or something so that they dont get their costumes all dirty.

kiki
Vampire

Pumpkins

Post by kiki » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:42 pm

My neighbor did this and she had sticker sheets with jack-o-lantern faces with different eyes, mouths and noses. I don't know where she got them, try party stores. But here's some that you can print yourself.

http://a.familyfun.go.com/Resources/glo ... _oct21.pdf
I am getting excited!!! It's getting close!

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:07 pm

Thanks for the link KiKi, I am having a children's Halloween party this upcoming Saturday I think I will do something with the stickers...
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Christine
Ghost

Mini Pumpkins

Post by Christine » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:58 am

I think it's a great idea...I'm carving out a bunch of mini-pumpkins and orange bell peppers to put chip-dip and chocolate pudding in them. Halloween is my daughter's birthday :)