What are we missing?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
HalloweenDot
Site Admin
What is the highest number?: 10992

What are we missing?

Post by HalloweenDot » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:57 pm

Is there something that is missing from Halloween.com that you would like to see? We'd love to hear CONSTRUCTIVE comments :-) on things that would be fun to have on Halloween.com!

Let us know, but this topic will be kept very on topic!

hauntmaster

Re: What are we missing?

Post by hauntmaster » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:54 pm

HalloweenCom wrote:Is there something that is missing from Halloween.com that you would like to see? We'd love to hear CONSTRUCTIVE comments :-) on things that would be fun to have on Halloween.com!

Let us know, but this topic will be kept very on topic!

Would you please be specify what you meant there was something missing from here? I need some explantition.

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Re: What are we missing?

Post by HalloweenDot » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:21 pm

hauntmaster wrote:
Would you please be specify what you meant there was something missing from here? I need some explantition.

I was thinking: what is missing from Halloween.com? Are there topics that would be useful? Online games that would be fun? Pages about ideas for parties?

Essentially anything that would be fun to have and increase your enjoyment of Halloween.com and consequently Halloween itself. :-)

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:26 pm

HalloweenCom,

I believe you made good suggestions! Let's do it... but where do we begin??

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:34 pm

hauntmaster wrote:HalloweenCom,

I believe you made good suggestions! Let's do it... but where do we begin??
First, here. Getting people to give ideas about things that they would like to see on Halloween.com. After that, see what the ideas are and how to implement the best of them.

I'm just trying to see what people think we're missing first though.

EvilMel
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by EvilMel » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:52 am

To be honest with you...I think this board is pretty awesome.

The one thing I find insanely frustrating is the time I have to wait inbetween posts. Yesterday I had to wait several times before I could post in another thread. Does it have to be like a minute between posts or something?

I can't help it that I read fast and am trying to sneak a peek at some threads while I am at work! hah hah.

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:57 am

EvilMel wrote:To be honest with you...I think this board is pretty awesome.

The one thing I find insanely frustrating is the time I have to wait inbetween posts. Yesterday I had to wait several times before I could post in another thread. Does it have to be like a minute between posts or something?

I can't help it that I read fast and am trying to sneak a peek at some threads while I am at work! hah hah.
I cut the time in half...that was a good suggestion!

Thanks

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:21 pm

Yes I completely agreed with the timing between posts - thanks for fixing that.

I like the idea of adding a Party category for posts.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:25 pm

Thanks for cutting down the time between postings! I'll think about your question, see if we can come up with something. I really enjoy this place, it's awesome, and I have met some really nice folks and gotten some really good ideas. I think you do a great job!! :D Happy Haunting!

autumn
Vampire

Post by autumn » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:21 am

Yes, thank you for adjusting the posting time. That would get kinda frusterating. :D

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:32 am

How about a section just for pictures like a photo gallery? That way we can submit different pics like decor ideas, costumes, and foods.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:22 am

I love the photo gallery idea LittleDollClaudia. I am always scouring the pages loooking for new photos that have been up. And thanks for adjusting the posting times...that makes a real difference. I saw one person who made a post that they were trying to sell two costumes their dad had used when running a haunted house. We could have a page where people list their extra props they would like to part with/sell, listed with photos, etc. Of course, Halloween.com would post some kind of statement that they were only hosting the page, and not responsible for payments not made, items not being sent, etc. I know I hae some extra things I would not mind selling/trading. Just and Idea. Either way, this is my favorite board!

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:27 am

mandy0221 wrote:Yes I completely agreed with the timing between posts - thanks for fixing that.

I like the idea of adding a Party category for posts.
Hopefully the time between posts is low enough now for everyone. ;-)

I have added a Halloween Party Discussion where we can talk about anything Halloween Party related.

All of the ideas mentioned so far have been really good!

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:33 am

i love the idea of a pic section. i too am always looking for pics to get ideas etc. also, the idea about selling/trading is awesome as well. :D

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:38 am

LittleDollClaudia wrote:How about a section just for pictures like a photo gallery? That way we can submit different pics like decor ideas, costumes, and foods.
I like that idea too. I had added one last spring, but never linked to it because I haven't been sure how it would really work.

I have to get the "GD Image Library" installed for it to work fully, which I will attempt to do. :-)
Last edited by HalloweenDot on Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.