the country junction is gone

Discussion of general Halloween topics
midnight kitty
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

the country junction is gone

Post by midnight kitty » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:31 am

i'm so upset. a store by me called the country junction burned down. every yr they had a great pumpkin festival and a haunted trail. i was gonna take the child this weekend. the worst part is they also had a pet shop and a petting zoo, and all the animals died.

why couldn't it be the crappy country junction in another town that didn't have the festival or the animals
trick or treat

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:23 pm

Oh no that is so sad. Have you called perhaps to ask if they will be joining with any other organization or store to host this years event? It is probably to late of notice.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:03 pm

I was just at the Country Junction on Sunday, it was perfectly fine, when are you talking about a fire happening??

I was at the main one that has the petting zoo and the big ghost town...

I know you told me you were from the area it was in, I just sent you a PM, cause I tried doing a search about it to see if this just happened within the last 2 days????

:?: :?: :?:

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:49 am

here's the article spooky

i just found it
http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.d ... /610040338
trick or treat

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:20 pm

This is devastating to me.

It is very bizarre.

I just walked through the doors of that building on Sunday at 12:30pm, and now a few days later it is burnt to the ground. I was in the pet store, they had a golden lab puppy, 2 ferrets and some bunnies and 2 ferrets. I was in there petting the kitties on Sunday. I can not wrap my head around any of that. I was talking to the girl at the cash register, cause my friend had given me a gift card for there for my birthday, and the girl put it through as cash, instead of swiping the card, the manager came over and yelled at the girl, and I said...it was a mistake, I said she knows she goofed, so big deal....and the girl kept saying she was sorry...then she had no change and she had to go get some, and I said...don't worry it is no big deal, I said your manager is a big jerk, and don't let her get to you. My friend that was with me, had told the girl how cute her hair was, and asked her how she had styled it that way, and she said it was left over from Homecoming from the night before...so now I keep thinking that poor girl has no job now. And the animals all died that were inside.

The weirder part was...the owners name is the same name as my husband, only there is 1 letter difference in the whole name, and it blew me away.

I had actually said to my husband in the store...I said...I hope there's never a fire here, because nobody would know how to get out of there, cause it was like a giant maze, and it was all dirty and scummy...It didn't use to be, so when we were pulling out...I said to my husband...I said...that will be the last time we go there, cause it went downhill, and got scuzzy. The fire happened at 5:30am. So there wasn't anyone in there, it hadn't opened yet.

I was just sitting there on the patio area, waiting for my friend to show up, and we listened to the prerecorded announcement on the speaker about Pirates...and my son and I memorized it, so by the time my friend got there we knew the whole thing word for word, cause they played it over and over. It is freaking to know that all that is gone, and I was just there.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:23 pm

did it really get all scummy? i haven't been there since christmas time. they had the best decorations.
it sounds like the fire started in the kitchen. ome jackass probably left the oven on
trick or treat

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:26 pm

The link I found on it is different:

http://www.wnep.com/global/story.asp?s=5488551

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:34 pm

they're still having the festival, but i don't think i could go. it's just too weird for me
trick or treat