Evil dead

Talk about television shows, movies, music and more!
Tidytourniquet
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Evil dead

Post by Tidytourniquet » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:54 am

Has anyone seen it? I have wanted to see it for a while now but I always forget about it until this time of year and I would rather spend my money on other things then the DVD, especially with the holidays coming up. I finally got around to watching the trailer and it looks pretty good, what do you think of it?

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:08 pm

Do you mean the original 1981 Evil Dead movie? It was okay... I bet the special effects are pretty hokey now. However, if you see the original and then see Evil Dead II you should enjoy it. Evil Dead II is a really clever humor/horror blend which acts as a take off on the first movie (with the same main character).

To give you a sense of the morbid humor, at one point the main character's hand becomes possessed and he has to hack it off his arm. The hand keeps attacking him so he finally traps the hand underneath a trash can. Then he weighs down the trashcan with a big stack of books. As the camera pans over the stack of books the cover of the top book is clearly revealed: Earnest Hemmingway's A Farewell to Arms.
:lol:

The movie is filled with sick gags like that.
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

ZOMBIES!!!
Zombie

Post by ZOMBIES!!! » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:30 pm

I have the evil dead, I haven't watched in a while but I liked it. It has everything a good horror movie should have: creepyness, re-animated dead people, lustful tress (once you see the movie you'll get it) -- good stuff.

Tidytourniquet
Crypt Keeper

Post by Tidytourniquet » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:49 pm

Are they both supposed to be a funny horror or is the first one supposed to be scary and just happens to be funny to me, at least the trailer is. And the second one is the actual funny horror? It could just be how the trailers make them look but I dunno, either way they do look pretty good. I'll see if I can get someone to get me both for christmas, my mom is already getting me 4 dvds plus a new tv to watch them on but maybe if I do some things for her she get me them too.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:37 pm

they are that rare horror film that is both scary and funny at the same time and is SUPPOSED to be. If you only cacn buy one, get number two, which is really a remake of one with a better budget. Number one is a great lesson in low budget film making..shot for nothing over a long period of time. Number three is so complicated in how and why it came out and which company released it, that I will leave others to tell it's story...I don't have the time or patience right now.
But it's very much reccomended...and the effects hold up very well.
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:14 am

I absolutely LOVE the Evil Dead, The Evil Dead II, and the Army of Darkness (third movie in the series). They are total classics IMO!

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:43 am

I am a HUGE Bruce Campbell fan so I really love and enjoy the Evil Dead movies.They are cheesy but hilarious and that's what Sam Raimi was looking to do. A few years ago for my birthday, my boyfriend bought me an Army of Darkness statue with bruce in the center with his chainsaw hand and thegirl holding on to his leg. It's really big and really cool. He also got me a 3D movie poster that is sooooo heavy, I kept them both on the shelf in our computer room, had to pack it up though because of the move. :(

Anyway, fans of the Evil Dead movie might be interested in Brace Campbell's current project. He plays himself and his town is taken over by zombies. In his film people rememebr him from the Evil Dead movies and vote him to kill all the zombies. He tries to explain that those were just movies and that he has no idea how to save everyone but he tries, killing more people than zombies.

Anyway, I guess it's supposed to be a spoof on the Evil Dead movies and very funny. I can't wait to see it!

Tidytourniquet
Crypt Keeper

Post by Tidytourniquet » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:28 pm

That one sounds great but first I think I should watch all the others. I think I may get them for easter so it's a while away till I can :(

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:39 pm

BlackCat that sounds hysterical!

One of my favorite zombie movies has to Shaun of the Dead. For some reason that idea reminds me of that movie.
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:16 am

Shaun of the Dead was really great!

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:40 pm

Yes I agree, love it!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Tidytourniquet
Crypt Keeper

Post by Tidytourniquet » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:43 pm

I didn't really like that movie. My friends brother loves that movie and she would always tell me how he said it was the best movie, so I went into it expecting too much I guess. I did like the part where the 2 guys think that one lady was drunk though.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:57 pm

Yeah personally like I menitoned previous I loved the movie but I have found more people didn't like the movie then did.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

ZOMBIES!!!
Zombie

Post by ZOMBIES!!! » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:06 pm

EvilMel wrote:Shaun of the Dead was really great!
Shaun of the Dead is one of my favorite movies. I absolutely love it. I need to pick up the Shaun action figure.

MWRuger
Vampire

Post by MWRuger » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:01 pm

I never really saw the charm of these films even though I do like Bruce Campbell.