Christmas parades...

Santa Claus and Christmas themed events from around the world

Christmas parades...

Postby Silver Belle on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:49 am

How many people have Christmas parades in their town every year? Ours is tonight, and we're taking our kids for their first time. :D I'm so excited for them, they're gonna love it!! And thankfully, some friends of ours who own an apartment over our Broad St. have invited us to come view the event from up there. Yay!! Now we won't have to put our 40 lb. monkeys on our shoulders the whole time. :lol: Anyway, I'll take some pictures of the floats and share them here later...
'In the air there's a feeling of Christmas...'
Silver Belle

Postby kallie0509 on Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:07 am

we have one here too, but i don't know when. i love to take my little one, but i don't have anytime at all! i go to school M-F and work every saturday and sunday. my life sucks right now! :(
kallie0509

Postby SWC on Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:58 am

We have the Parade of Lights the evening after Thanksgiving here, then they light the tree downtown. We go every year but had to miss it this year due to my Thanksgiving night flat tire. D'oh, a thousand times D'oh.

I had to watch it sky view on the news. I cried with disappointment :thumbsdown: It's one of those things that really kick the season into high gear.

I hope your family has an amazing time, Silver Belle!! Looking forward to the pics!
In these little bric-a-brac, a secretis waiting to be cracked

These dolls and toys confuse me so, confound it all, I love it though.
SWC

Postby Silver Belle on Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:07 am

Thank you SWC, we DID have a wonderful time!!! The parade lasted and hour and 10 mins., with about 80 entries/floats participating. The kids were overjoyed. :D They loved waving to the people down on the floats and having those people notice and wave back up to them. It was all very exciting for them and many times they were laughing and clapping, ESPECIALLY when Santa (the MAN) rode by. Of course our camera was dead by that time. :x DOUBLE :x !! But I know they'll remember this for years...and our host and hostess were very gracious in making sure all us adult guests were very comfortable and supplied with good food and drink. :wink:

Very unfortunately, the pictures I tried taking came out so dark! AAARRRGGGHHHH. It's too bad the brightness of this board can't be used to light these shots from behind, like a Lite-Brite effect or something. :wink: But here's a few of them, and hopefully you guys can see what's going on:

This is the first parade entry, a patriotic celebration.. :D

Then a couple of the band from my old high school, it was like 5 times bigger than my husband's old high school band :lol: :

Some random float shots:

A nativity scene, which we all laughed about (sorry Lord!) because the baby Jesus was so brightly lit it looked like a bonfire everybody was trying to warm themselves by :lol: :

And the Budweiser old-fashioned wagon and cart which was led by the most absolutely gorgeous Clydesdale horses I've ever seen and they didn't get captured at all on the camera...&%$**$&**&$#!!

Well, that's the best I could do with our digital camera...next year I'll try to use something that takes better photos. :D Hope you guys enjoy what you can see anyways. :lol:
Silver Belle

Postby Christmas Knight on Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:58 am

Wait a minute, is that a living nativity I see there.... :evil: How dare they have a religous symbol. Religion is bad... I'm going to have to call the ACLU and file a lawsuit to waste more of the taxpayers dollars in an effort to enforce political correctness and atheism. :shock: Oooh sorry, I was possed, just for a moment by the spirit of a leftwing, maxist, stalinist professor from the sixties... :D :lol:
Christmas Knight

Postby Christmas Knight on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:07 am

I all seriousness. I think that's just great that you have a Christmas parade. I wish they had them here. The liberals have gained too much ground in New Jersey and no one wants to got through the trouble of figthing frivilous lawsuits by subversive radicals that only care about destroying everything and anything traditional.

Just yesterday, the Attorney General's office put out a memo to all municipalities in the State advising them not to put out Christmas or Hannakah displays because of the risk of being sued by athiests. They are advised, not to have any displays at all, but if they do, to keep the displays confined to secular symbols like trees, santa and rudolph.

Very Very Sad world my kids are growing up in. :cry:
Christmas Knight

Postby SWC on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:09 am

awww, it looks like a wonderful time! <3 *tear*

I love the clydesdales!

(and lol @ the baby Jesus! it DOES look like they're warming their hands!)
In these little bric-a-brac, a secretis waiting to be cracked

These dolls and toys confuse me so, confound it all, I love it though.
SWC

Postby Silver Belle on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:33 am

Christmas Knight wrote:I all seriousness. I think that's just great that you have a Christmas parade. I wish they had them here. The liberals have gained too much ground in New Jersey and no one wants to got through the trouble of figthing frivilous lawsuits by subversive radicals that only care about destroying everything and anything traditional.

Just yesterday, the Attorney General's office put out a memo to all municipalities in the State advising them not to put out Christmas or Hannakah displays because of the risk of being sued by athiests. They are advised, not to have any displays at all, but if they do, to keep the displays confined to secular symbols like trees, santa and rudolph.

Very Very Sad world my kids are growing up in. :cry:

That is so ridiculous, CK, I sure am sorry to hear that things are like that up there. I wish everyone had the opportunity to worship, or not worship, whatever they want, and that we could all maturely and objectively accept one another's choices, without the 'fear' of (heaven forbid!!) offending other people. Maybe I'm already becoming a little bitter the older I get, but it seems like there's such a large percentage of the general world population that's not worth a crap anyways, so why are we so worried about offending them??

Yeah, I'm proud that there's still a Christmas parade here for our children to enjoy. :D
Silver Belle

Postby kallie0509 on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:56 am

what great fun silver belle! and that baby jesus does look like a bonfire! :lol:
kallie0509

Postby Silver Belle on Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:06 am

:lol: :lol: , we couldn't stop giggling about that, Kallie...and the one dude, (Joseph, I reckon? :wink: ) looked like he was holding his hands over it and everything, like SWC said in fine print up there. :wink: :D
Silver Belle

Postby airhead on Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:21 pm

There's a Christmas parade in Provo every year.
airhead

Return to Holiday Events