Really scary movies

Talk about television shows, movies, music and more!
halowen09
Ghost

Really scary movies

Post by halowen09 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:44 am

hey!
Does anybody have any suggestions of really scary movies for this month? my sisters and i really want to be scared, (like screaming at the top of our lungs) we saw SAW 1 and 2 and we didnt scream, so if anybody has any sugestions we would really apreicate it!
thanks!
halowen09

Tidytourniquet
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Tidytourniquet » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:00 pm

I have never screamed at a scary movie, at least none that I can remember so I can't really help you there. The only times I can remember being scared while watching a scary movie was either because something jumped and it startled me or somebody in the room with me did something. So I try to watch movies with bloodshed and gore, like Saw (which was great), to make up for not actually being scared.

I just asked my mom if there were any scary movies that made me scream and she could only think of the Wizard of Oz, which isn't scary but she said I didn't like the flying monkeys.
Last edited by Tidytourniquet on Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devil Woman
Ghost

Post by Devil Woman » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:07 pm

I love, "Pet Sematary", "The Exorcist", & "House". "House" is one of my favorite movies these days!

Haunter
Crypt Keeper

Post by Haunter » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:44 pm

Go have a look at other post on here in the movie section and there is a list of movies that someone came up with.

You can always watch the classic Halloween Movies. Not that they are scary but they are kinda creepy and has you wondering whats going to happen next. I've learned so much about the halloween movies from everyone on here that makes watching them agin that much better. There is just something about the older horror movies that makes Halloween a great time of the year for scary movies.
All alone in the woods with nothing but the smell of smoke from the camp fire, cracking leaves as you walk and seeing your breath from the cold crisp air. Halloween is my favorite time of the year!

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:25 pm

The one movie I can't even bring myself to watch, so I don't know how scary it actually is, but the previews for it scared me so bad, that I could never watch the movie...it is:

Salem's Lot

The best scary movies to me...that scared me to death are:

He Knows Your Alone

Silent Scream

Silent Night/Deadly Night

Don't Go in the House

Waxworks

Prom Night

Carrie

My Bloody Valentine

The Fog (the original)

Witchboard

The Omen (The Original)

The Exorcist (The Original)

Terror in the Aisles

New movies aren't scary-I said that before.....they are just gross out movies.

The only movie that is newer that I actually thought was scary was:

Joyride

and I think the movie "The Craft" is pretty good for a fairly newer movie

The beginning scene in the movie: When a Stranger Calls Back- it scares me...cause it is realistic.

autumn
Vampire

Post by autumn » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:22 pm

Its not a movie that will make you scream, but "Halloween "is one of my all time favorite movies. The music and stuff is so creepy. I have the Halloween Theme as my ringtone on my cell. I know I didnt answer your question but I just wanted to comment. :lol:

gerber
Zombie

Post by gerber » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:27 pm

I agree with Spooky. Salem's Lot, the orginal min-series with David Soul, is one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. The scenes where the vampires are knocking on windows in the middle of the night can give you major nightmares!

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:10 am

Ok so I gotta agree that all the movies listed above are pretty good.

Have you seen Jeepers Creepers? If you watch that in the dark, late at night...definitely extremely freaky. My husband and I are pretty <deleted> horror movie people and we were both freaked out.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:25 am

i've pretty much been de-sensitized when it comes to scary movies.
trick or treat

Halloween the 13th
Zombie

Post by Halloween the 13th » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:18 pm

Myself as well. :cry:

I overdosed on the movies that were truely scary when I was a child.
The 13 days of Halloween was my idea!!! My idea I say!!!

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:13 am

CARNIAL OF SOULS. (original version)
Forget screaming..but this thing wil HANG on you..there are the usual ghoul chasing the distressed chick around, but you have this one scene, where she is playing at the organ and gets this LOOK in her eyes..like someone else is behind the wheel...and it really creeps you out..you get a sense of impending dread that is quite unlike any other movie I can name..and the sequences at the Carnival are so first rate, they were studied at film schools for years. The director used to make those safety films you had to watch in school and that MST3K made fun of..I find it the perfect andetote to having seen and heard it all...
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

MWRuger
Vampire

Post by MWRuger » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:32 pm

I find that what scares us (other than something jumping out of the closet which is shock more than fright), is entirely personal.

I found Gattaca and Handmaid's tale pretty horrific becuase of the terrible worlds they portrayed.

But a good film that either is very effectve or not effective at all is

The Woman in Black.

This is a british film that very slowly builds the creepiness up and has the only scene that I remember really getting anyone in audience (at my film festival) to scream in fright. Very good film.

Alien had (for the time) a very gruesome scene with the chestburster and plenty of creepy scenes in the ship.

gerber
Zombie

Post by gerber » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:24 pm

I almost forgot The Blair Witch Project, which is probably the scariest movie I've ever seen due to the realistic way it was filmed. Some love this movie and others hate it; mainly due to the media hype that the kids were actually missing, and then finding out that it was all a hoax. I don't care if it was all just a marketing scam because the film is spooky as hell to me, and definitely a must see for the Halloween Season!!

Halloween the 13th
Zombie

Post by Halloween the 13th » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:36 pm

I agree about TBWP. My better judgement told me it was a marketing thing, but I let myself believe it was true, purely for the theater going experience.

To sum it up...... it genuinly scared me more than any flick in a long time.

:shock:
The 13 days of Halloween was my idea!!! My idea I say!!!

gerber
Zombie

Post by gerber » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:10 am

The scene where they are being attacked in the tent at night by some unseen force, and the one at the end in the abandoned house were freaky. Altogther one of the best I've seen to date!