christmas duck

Share your recipes and cooking tips!

christmas duck

Postby kallie0509 on Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:23 pm

so i was thinking about making a duck this year for christmas. i've never made it, or eaten it. i think that i will be making duck with pomegranate and walnut sauce. what do you guys think? i found the recipe and i think that it sounds pretty good. apparently it's a popular dish in iran.
kallie0509

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:28 pm

I personally don't know much about Iranian culinary habits but man oh man, do I love duck!! And WOW! Does that sause sound good!

How about posting it for us Kallie?
Ol' Black Pete

Postby kallie0509 on Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:08 pm

ok, here's the recipe, theres no picture though, this recipe requires cutting the duck up into pieces, but i'm going to use a whole duck and put the onions and eggplant inside a little while after cooking. also, you sautee the onion and eggplant in cinnamon or cardamom and i think that sounds fantastic! i love to cook and i love ethinc foods!

http://www.recipezaar.com/157175
kallie0509

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:32 am

MMMmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

Thanks Kallie!!!!!!!
Ol' Black Pete

Re: christmas duck

Postby bidders79 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:00 am

Hi there

I cooked roast duck for christmas dinner last year and it was delicious. I stuffed it with oranges and roasted it (plus salt and pepper to season). When cooked I separated the fat from the cooking juices and made a gravy by adding stock and cranberry sauce or jelly. It was that nice that I will be cooking it again this year plus I will be attempting to make my own pork, sage and onion stuffing too this year (with the sausagemeat from my own reared pigs). Yummmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy.

Happy christmas all I hope you all have a lovely one.

Nicky xx
bidders79

Re: christmas duck

Postby iSanta on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:11 pm

Well, never tried this roasted duck before... but I'd love to try it! :D

Is it good? How does it taste like? I hope it's delicious!

Any recipes with pic? Please post it here. Thanks. :D

Santa Claus says Merry Christmas to everyone and wishes everyone the best holidays! I love you!

HO HO HO!
iSanta

Return to Holiday Recipes