im not sure when...

Discussion of general Halloween topics
xjsbellamias13
Ghost

im not sure when...

Post by xjsbellamias13 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:34 pm

im not exactly sure when to host my Halloween party...

As you all know Halloween this year lands on a tuesday, which means work the next day. I dont think many people would be willing to come all the way over to my house(i live kinda far from everybody) on a tuesday night,when they know they are going to have to leave the party early to get home bc of work the next day.....

so should i have my party the Saturday before Halloween?
The only down side about that is,it wont be AS special as if it was on the actual Halloween night.

:cry:

midnight kitty
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by midnight kitty » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:03 pm

i'm doing my parties on the sat before halloween for that exact reason. i hate it when holidays fall on a weekday
trick or treat

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:57 pm

I'm having mine on October 21st, and then my roomy is having his the 28th while I'm at the film festival for the weekend. It's a month full of festivities.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:59 pm

Im having my big party on the saturday before Halloween, but my and a few close friends will have Halloween movie night on Tuesday, probably starting pretty early in the evening.

ZOMBIES!!!
Zombie

Post by ZOMBIES!!! » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:13 am

I am having my party the friday before Halloween. And my buddy is having his the saturday before mine.

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:22 pm

im having mine oct 21st too. i would have it the sat before (the 28th) but thats my sons birthday so we are having his party then. i think having it before will be just as special (or maybe even more) because then you can celebrate the holiday more than once!!! :D

Requiem62
Ghost

Post by Requiem62 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:27 pm

I originally wanted to hold my Halloween party on the Saturday before Halloween, but I think I will be moving it up to the weekend before, Saturday October 21st, as not to compete with other, more alcohol infused parties to be held the weekend before Halloween.

Not to say I won't be making the rounds on October 28th...

-Req
Halloween... the festival of Samhain. The last great one took place three thousand years ago, when the hills ran red...

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:46 pm

I am doing my party on the Saturday before, cause we make it last the whole weekend, people spend the night and then I cook a Halloween breakfast for everyone the next day.

Then Tuesday we take my son TOTing and we come home, steal all his candy and watch a movie. :wink: :D

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:08 pm

I just finished printing my invitations for the adult party on the 28th, and then we'll have out neighborhood party for the kids on Halloween evening.