The "Halloween" Movies

Talk about television shows, movies, music and more!
Spooky
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Spooky » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:37 am

I think it is horrible that Rob Zombie is remaking Halloween, he is one creepy dude in real life...people say ...oh he's really smart if you listen to him talk, I don't care what he has to say, he might sound smart, but he's nuts, and he'll take the movie and turn it in to something awful.

The way Halloween was filmed, is what made it the movie people love, and the reason they watch it over and over, it has to do with the casting, the way they used a real neighborhood...it wasn't a bunch of computer generated effects/ I refuse to watch Saw or Hostel...thos are gross out movies that are done just to gross people out with computer effects...I don't know why anybody want's to see people tortured...there is something totally different about that type of horror movie than the ones from the 80's.

When someone got killed in a slasher flick in the 80s's, it happens so fast that the person doesn't even know what hit him...what they are doing now, is dragging out the death scenes, and making them sadistic and torturous.....and twisted and I have no desire to see stuff like that, if I did I would watch the news.

Too many people like the older scary movies even now, because the element that is missing is the reality to them, of thinking that could be you, just out babysitting...or camping, or whatever...and the casting absolutely makes a movie, the actors of today completely suck, because they are too aware that they are making a movie and they over act or they can't act at all. Now that everyone's whole lives have been on TV, they can take anyone and stick them on tv and film them...where before the people really were acting and were good at it.

ZOMBIES!!!
Zombie

Post by ZOMBIES!!! » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:05 pm

Halloween is my favorite horror movie. There is something about it that captures the feeling of halloween night. Dr. Loomis is one of my favorite characters ever. He is insane. I like how the second movie starts off where the first left off, essentially making it one long movie. But I just find it weird that that hospital only had about 5 employees working in it. haha.

Halloween 3 when I first saw it a few years ago I was dissappointed, but after learning of idea behind it I wish they would have kept that going because halloween 4 and 5 just get weird. The dude in black who they never used...I remember one scene, I'm not sure if it was 4 or 5, but the cops were called to a house. They were to bumbling cops accompanied with cartoon effects -- very odd.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:09 pm

I Agree, the rest of the Halloween movies kind of ruined the Michael Meyers franchise and made it sill instead of creepy. Rob Zombie says he wants to make Micheal scary again, without the over-use of gore. He wants to terrify us like the first one did. I'm going to give him a chance and decide what I think after the movie is made.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:39 pm

Yeah...but everyone was saying he wants to do CGI stuff, didn't they?

Rob Zombie's own personal style and the type of stuff he is already associated with make me not care if I see it. If it comes out and people who loved the first 2 tell me it is excellent and worth seeing, then maybe I will change my mind, but based on what he already has done and how movies have been being filmed in the past 10 years ...it makes me cringe.

The first 2 were so effective because of the music. And scenes like when Laurie is running all over the neighborhood beating on the doors, and here comes Michael Myers just walking towards her, not running...and the effectiveness of not knowing wether she can get someone to open the door, that kind of stuff is what makes me be on the edge of my seat...she's screaming at Tommy, and he's up there looking out the window, rubbing his eyes, and you think...gosh open the door....and then he makes it down...that is suspense, and it didn't cost a thing.

Just like when she stabs him in the closet with the coat hanger, that whole scene is so scary to me, cause she has nowhere to go....and he's right there, busting in the doors, and she has no weapon, but thinks to use a wire hanger...that is great writing. Even when they lay the girl on the bed with the tombstone...or when Michael is under the sheet with the glasses on, that is so scary to me, because the audience knows it is him.

I remember my mom seeing Halloween when it came out in the theaters...she told me the movie play by play...I was only 10 years old, but when I actually got to see it....it was exactly like she described it, and it was scary from beginning to end....all the background music was just so effective. The scene at the beginning shot through the mask eye holes, was awesome, you never saw blood...or the knife actually stabbing the sister, but it was so realistic.

I don't know how they can get them to do it right, movies aren't even filmed on the same type of film any more...it is all digitally remastered stuff now that I think makes stuff look weird, because it is too clear...I know that is hard to explain, but digital pictures really make people look rough at times, and I don't like how they make people look, so that's why I think 80's movies are so cool, cause of the actual type of film they used.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:48 pm

hey, spooky, you're gonna love this 0ne...
I was seeing HALLOWEEN on the big screen for the first time, and Jamie Lee is out, safe, on the lawn..and then, starts to go back in..
and this big lady behind me TOTALLY lost it..and stood up and screamed:"Girl!! DON'T YOU DARE GO BACK INTO THAT HOUSE...."
Beautiful.
why, oh, why would anyone want to fool with that? It's the reason I boycotted the remake of TEXAS CHAINSAW...the house lights would go up after that puppy would finish and everyone would just LOOK at one another like they had gone through a roller coaster ride..
ah, the classics..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:15 am

uncletor-Have you seen the movie "Terror in the Aisles"?? It is one of my favorite movies (I think I forgot to write it down on all the other movie lists I have stuck on here)...but it has clips of all the old scary movies, and it was the movie I went to on my first date, so it totally has a special place in my heart...but Nancy Allen and Donald Pleasance host it, and there's clips all through it ,just like what you described...with the lady yelling at the screen, and there's Halloween clips all through it.

I only ever saw pieces of Texas Chain Saw Massacre in this movie (Terror in the Aisles)...and it looked TOO scary for me. Something like that where it is based on an actual true story...that just freaks me out. I can't believe they never made a horror movie based on Jeffry Dahmer.
Anyway...I was flipping through the channels one night and The remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was on. I watched 10 minutes of it, and they had shooved...<deleted>, the f-word, extreme violence, and drugs all in to that 1st 10 minutes, and the people hadn't even left the van yet. Then I saw a scene that I can't even get out of my head, that I thought was one of the worst things I ever saw ever, it was so disgusting and gross, it wasn't even scary....it was just horrible.

That's what's wrong with new horror movies...they aren't scary...like when you get startled by a cat jumping in the window...they are overly gross...and are done just to try and top the last gross thing people saw in a movie.

Scary stuff to me....is like Halloween and Friday the 13th...just running through the woods at night with a killer after you is scary. They don't need to throw in all that other stuff...it is why people are so desensitized to violence, and why nothing shocks people any more, I also believe it is why we live in a society full of hateful mean people, that are totally depressed...I feel it is a total reflection on what they are absorbing around them...with music being hateful and movies and tv shows having 0 morals in them...society has hit bottom.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:52 am

when TERROR IN THE AISLES came out, the editing made it get an 'x' even though all the movies in it were from 'r' to 'Pg-14'...they had to recut...
they HAVE made a couple of films out of Dalmer..but approach with catuion.
As for TEXAS, that's REALLY based on the ED GEIN case, the one that started out PSYCHO..Robert Bloch lived just down the road, and merely reversed engineered what he THOUGHT might have happened to create such a monster..and what do you think ? The heat coming knocking on his door;"Mr. Bloch...we won't prosecute if you TELL us who TOLD YOU important confidential details of the case..." And Robert Bloch showed them his NOTES and how he HAD MADE IT UP..and they turned white and said;"oh.."
I used to win steak dinners doing the following: Some rookie would join and start to say that TEXAS was real, because it said so on the ad.. I would take him to the morgue and we would start to look up the news for that week..and the CLOSEST you could find Texas-wise was some dope deal that went bad, and the guy who was burned killed and buried the people he ambushed. It was so hot in Texas the troopers made HIM dig the bodies up...Great pic of him up to his armpits digging while the boys in blue stand around dead pan..And the rookie would LOOK at me and say:"No house, no Leatherface? No NOTHING???"
And I would reply:"Toby Hooper was accused of doing MUCH worse..like ripping people off to make the film and hurting the leading lady..what makes you THINK he wouldn't LIE TO YOU in an AD???"
BUT you are so right...allure is SO MUCH better...you have to play with their MINDS...(by the way, the first and only TEXAS is never as bloody as everybody THINKS it is..)
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:04 am

Remakes either suck or kick <deleted>. There is no middle ground on that. What cracks me up though is when sequels are better than the first movie. I happen to like Rob Zombie and his movies/music but I am on the fence about his remaking ability. Taking an icon and putting a different spin on it is sure to make some folks say HUH? It's very hard. People like routine and familiar fiends. But I'll just have to wait for the previews and think more on it then.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

gerber
Zombie

Post by gerber » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:46 am

I love Season of the Witch!! I thought it was a great idea to take the franchise in a different direction, and I wish they would have continued with different horror stories set at Halloween rather than resurrecting Michael again and again and again, just like F13 does with Jason. I ooved the original Halloween and Halloween 2 was OK, but by then I thought Michael had played himself out. However, Season of the Witch had the potential to breathe new life into the Halloween franchise, if only the fans would have given it more of a chance. But most didn't because it didn't have Michael. Their lost and our's because now we are doomed to an endless list of Michael movies; not Halloween movies. Season of the Witch, on the other hand, was an ingenious idea hearkening back to some of the folklore behind the actual celebration, while encompassing the mystery/horror of occult activities; in this case mass human sacrifice. Isn't that a cool idea? Might be more tha an idea. Listen closely to the following true story:

Do you remember Roman Catholic Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen, who had a popular network television program in the 50's called Life is Worth Living? Well, I've heard him tell the story of being on a cross-country flight on a given Friday in the 1970's (back in the days when most Catholics still abstained from the eating of meat on Fridays). The flight attendant was serving meals, and the archbishop decided to abstain from the meal altogether and offer it up as a fast. There was an attractive, young woman sitting next to him on the flight, and she, too, refrained from the meal. So, he asked her, "Oh, are you a Catholic fasting as a penance too?" Her response was, "No, I'm a witch fasting for abortions." Scary... Human sacrifice? You decide.