Does your obsession get worse every year?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
pumpkinhead
Zombie

Post by pumpkinhead » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:54 pm

last year on nov.2 I went and spent about $300 dollars on Halloween decorations at Target everything was like 75% off so I really loaded up . I'm looking forward to doing the same this year.Iwish I could leave my decorations up till say March ...Halloween just does'nt last long enough for me.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:13 pm

Oh I totally agree! I love finding the after-sales because they are so cheap and it's so much fun buying more stuff for next year. I usually hit all the party supply stores, wal-mart and pretty much anything.

Winnie Sanderson
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Winnie Sanderson » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:00 pm

I love the after sales too! My family knows how much I love halloween that every year for christmas I get halloween stuff. LOL Is that too over the top? I also buy a halloween ornament to put on my christmas tree every year.

By the way I just found this site tonight and I am so happy I did! I think people think it's strange how much I love halloween. It nice to know there are others out there like me.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:11 pm

welcome home, and have a chair!
love it? Halloween is a way of life around here.
some of my best decorations have been GIVEN to me the day after..like the year I scored a BLOCKBUSTER sign that said HAVE A BLOCKBUSTER HALLOWEEN with a green skelton holding up the sign. All I did was change the word BLOCKBUSTER to HAPPY and I was in business.
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:02 am

Yep, I have officially gone off the deep end. A friend of my roommate was getting rid of 20 bags of HALLOWEEN STUFF! We went through it and I believe I got about $200 worth for $40! This guy had everything from skulls, pumpkins, lights, masks, haunted houses..Where am I going to fit it? Have not a damn clue. But now I have more! HEHEHEHEHE You know what's sick? I STILL want more. Sheesh. I may need to start an HA group. Halloweeners Anonymous. But you all know what would turn into. Where we could get the best deals and gift swaps. :sighs happily: I may as well accept my fate. I'll never have enough until I'm dead. :lol:
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:50 pm

I also get Halloween decor for Christmas as well...don't know what to buy me?? Halloween stuff, of course!!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:53 pm

You guys rock!! it's like you are inside my head!! :shock:

Winnie Sanderson
Master Reaper

Post by Winnie Sanderson » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:01 am

Heck I tell my family I am the cheapest and easiest to buy for! Buy it after halloween and whatever it is I'll LOVE it! LOL

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:42 am

I think I get more and more obsessed and excited about Halloween every year. I can't wait to outdo myself from year to year!!!!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:25 pm

Hey Mandy0221, Yep I would say that with each year that passes I love Halloween more and more, don't ask me how but I do. Sometimes I wonder if its because this world is becoming so fast pace that more people are needing a creative outlet, and well, this is where we find ours, and I think with all the crazyness going on in the world we all need to have something we feel passionate about, and for some its Halloween since you can really express how you are feeling inside to the outside world in many ways, its really a form of Art, just a different medium :D :wink:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:27 pm

Hey MammaHooch, I'm all for the support group idea, hopefully we've found it here with each other, cause I know I feel very at ease talking about my Halloween issues here :lol:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:37 pm

Hey Mandy0221, MammaHooch is on track here, Yep it's talk therapy and I'm sticking with her on that one :lol: And besides, everyone has a habit or two or three. :lol:
try to explain to your mom that you both need to find a way to appreciate the differences in each other, I mean would she really like it if you were identical to you? But I feel when people can learn to look at and admire the unique qualities that make us different and the goy those diferences bring to our lives we can soon learn to love what we thought we didn't admire. :D

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:42 pm

OMG MHooch, you and I are twins I swear! I too hide stuff, and then don't remember I have it for a long time :lol: ANd then comes the items that you can't hide, too funny, I can honestly say I know just what you're going through on that issue.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:50 pm

Hi HOSGAARA, Welcome! First of all nobody here is going to think you're weird or twisted, I think those are only terms used by people when they don't understand or want to understand another person. And well, we're all different in a weird kind of way :D So ya, you'll fit right in here. We welcome any ideas you have about Halloween, and feel free to share any pictures of your decorating you've done, even if its only a wall, dresser, its always apprecaited and admired here with us, enjoy your stay in our spooky corner of the net :twisted:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:58 pm

Hi Requiem62, Don't know if I've meet you before, if not, hello and welcome! I totally agree with you that Halloween should be declared an actual holiday, sadly I don't forsee that happening in my neck of the woods as there's a HUGE stigma attached to it, negative of course, but I can see that the times are changing all around me towards this beautiful time of year, it seems more people are enjoying the atmosphere, and less people are getting hurt for celebrating it, yes people here who do enjoy it, use to be targets by certain Religions, now at least they go about it in a more constructive manner, although its not getting through as well to the masses I think cause we are growing, and with growth comes more diversity and tolerance :D :D