Hiding "little" scares for party

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
HauntedInIl
Ghost

Hiding "little" scares for party

Post by HauntedInIl » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:09 am

After reading all the posts in this forum, and the Halloween General forum, I am as happy as a kid on Oct 31st. All of you have given me great ideas for decorating my condo this year. I haven't done much in the way of decrating in the past with the exception of putting out a dummy on my balcony that lights up last year. Acually, it's just one of those skeletons that you are to put in the ground and looks like he's coming up from a grave. I just propped his head up, tied his hands to the chair so they wound'nt move, and covered it in an old sweatshirt. For some reason I named him Bob.

Sorry about ranting there, but I do have a question. This year we are having a halloween party, well acually its my daughters 5th birthday, so its really a Halloween/Birthday party. The question I have is do any of you have ideas of little things that can be hidden in certain areas so people don't see them, but don't expect them? Kind of like hiding something in a cabinet so when people open it, they see like a rat or something. A prop to startle them when they don't expect it. One thing I am going to do the day of the party, is prop a skeleton up in the bathtub like he's taking a shower, cover it in cobwebs, and get a recording of somebody singing in the shower. Curiousity will no doubt get the better of my guests, and when they open the shower lining, there it will be.

Once again, great site, and I hope to see more of everybodies great ideas.

MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:17 am

Hi HauntedInIl, and welcome. This is a great site, very friendly folks and TONS of great ideas. How about a covered platter on the food table with a head or some rodents on it? If you could get a volunteer, a table with a hole cut in and a person under it so that the head could talk and move would be awesome!!! That'd freak 'em out! :lol:

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:07 am

This is a picture of me and my friend at Halloween a few years ago, the old lady part of her costume was inflatable....when she was done wearing it, she took the inflatable woman out, and sat it on the downstairs toilet, and needless to say when people walked in there...they were a little surprised. :lol: :wink:

I loved it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/ ... loween.jpg

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:22 am

here's a fun idea. wash a latex glove out thoroughly (get all of the powder out) fill it up w/ water a food coloring (to try to make it a little flesh color. i like to do a tiny drop of red and lots of yellow) freeze it. cut the glove off and put it in a punch bowl w/ whatever drink you're serving. you have a nice creepy ice cube there.
trick or treat

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:18 am

You can buy boxes of those plastic hands at restaurant supply companies.
They are the kind people use in serving food, they don't have the white powder in them. They are only like $6 a box, and there's like 100 in the box.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:01 pm

they have them w/out powder????????????????
i've never see that before. that's way better than trying to wash the gloves out
trick or treat

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:02 pm

Someone on here awhile back had suggested hiding the "Bag O' Bones" like ester eggs throughout the house. I saw a pack for real cheap at Wal-mart. They are just rubber bones that you could hide around your house for the kids to find. You could even give them surprises depending on what bones they find.

HauntedInIl
Ghost

Post by HauntedInIl » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:36 pm

All excellent ideas everybody. Keep them coming. Thank you very much. Hiding the bones is an great idea for the young ones. Tonight I am heading over to Walmart to check out their selection.

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:12 am

I found the greatest things at Halloween Express last week. They are plastic orange and black eggs filled with Halloween toys and glitter. Reminds me of the Peter Cottontail cartoon where he dyed the eggs for the witches so he could give them away.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry