List of the best halloween specials

Talk about television shows, movies, music and more!
Spooky Sam
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

List of the best halloween specials

Post by Spooky Sam » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:14 pm

Besides the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror and It's the Great Pumpkin Charilie Brown, what are some of the better Halloween specials? I am looking to tape and download some of these, so any help would be great. Thanks!
Do I SCARE you?

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:47 pm

I cant think of anything that they show nowadays. We all were talking awhile back about Disney Halloween and Charlie Brown and the great pumpkin, but other than that I'mnot sure. The sad thing is you cant find Disney HAlloween on DVD, I think they stopped showing it all together. :(

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:47 am

Garfield did a Halloween special...I semi remember it.

This is where I miss TV from the 80's so bad, and from the 70's, because all the variety shows had special things for Halloween too.

Like Sonny & Cher, and Donny and Marie and even Barbara Mandrell did Halloween special episodes.

Also, alot of the Tv shows on, did special Halloween episodes, I loved those when the characters dressed up on the show.

I loved all the TV movies that were on Saturday afternoons in the late 70's, early 80's...there was always a scary "thriller"...those were the best movies ever.

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:52 am

They have the Garfield holiday specials on DVD now. Oh, I miss Disney's Halloween Treat! Mr. Boogedy, Halloweentown, The Halloween That Almost Wasn't, Witch's Night Out...Oh wow, how could I forget, MAD MONSTER PARTY! I am looking forward to seeing if anyone makes new specials this year. Good ones of course.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:44 am

i have halloweentown 1&2 on dvd. the husband burned them for the daughter. i have a copy of halloweentown hgh from netflix ( i really should return it, i've had it for over a month now) i have to see if the husband can make a copy of that.
i loved the mr boogedy movies. there were 2 of them. i had them on tape as a child (thanks to disney channel, they suck now since they went on basic cable)
the halloween that almost wasn't w/ judd hearsh AS DRACULA, LOVED IT

oh so many halloween specials i wish i had. you know i can't even find ichabod and mr toad. i know disney released t on vhs. the daughter's really into the headless horseman right now (she watches tim burton's sleepy hollow whenever she gets a chance)
trick or treat

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:11 pm

I know alot of you had mentioned "The Worst Witch" with Tim Curry. I loved that one. HBO showed it every year and we had it on VHS, probably taped from HBO. I think there was a series called "The Worst Witch" that was on tv a few years back. I'll have to check but I think there was.

gerber
Zombie

Post by gerber » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:30 pm

Well, there's always AMC's Monsterfest.

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:39 am

Rosie: I went to Tower records today and they have Ichabod and Mr Toad on DVD! You can order it from http://www.towerrecords.com if there's not one near you.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:10 am

I can't find that on their website and I have no tower records here in town!

Can you post a link to it? I would LOVE to get this dvd.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:00 am

i saw ichabod and mr toad on amazon.

i'm also going to the disney store next weekend. they had started putting their halloween stuff out so maybe they have some copies of it there
trick or treat

vacin8r
Ghost

Post by vacin8r » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:47 am

in no particular order:
garfield as has been mentioned
fat albert halloween special(available on dvd)
the halloween tree
halloween is grinch night
ragedy ann and andy the pumpkin who couldnt smile(good luck finding it)
bugs bunny halloween(included as part of the vhs halloween hijinks which i think is available)
the south park episode with korn(part of one of the dvd packs season 3 or 4 i believe)
scooby doo halloween hasle at draculas castle
the 90 minute disney halloween treat(unavailable but i found where i could dl it) although the house of villains dvd isnt too bad
also the nicktoons halloween dvd and the cartoon network(i think theres 3 of em now) dvds arent too bad
i havent seen it, but ive been looking for a copy of caspers halloween cartoonfest
also looking for any episodes of the old groovie goolies cartoons
thats all i can think of off the top of my head
-don

pumpkinhead001
Ghost

television special

Post by pumpkinhead001 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:42 am

Does anyone remember a television special that was on in the early eighties, that was cell animation and it was about a witch that was bad, but somehow some kids make her nice. I know not a lot of description, but I remember it being on and thinking it was so great. Anyways, any help would be great.

Boooooooooo

Budkin
Ghost

Post by Budkin » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:44 am

My faves are "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" (obviously) and Witch's Night Out, which might be the special that pumpkinhead001 was referring to. It had Gilda Radner as the witch and a great animation style to it. Unfortunately it's still not available on DVD. :(

neverendingwonder
Crypt Keeper

Post by neverendingwonder » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:22 am

I was hoping to be the first to mention The Halloween Tree, but another beat me to it!

Great adaptation to Ray Bradbury's tour through Halloween traditions around the world. Highly recommended, but very rare.

The soundtrack, by John Debney is very rare as well- but I know a radio station you can hear it on. :roll:
NeverEndingWonder Halloween Radio Empire
http://www.NeverEndingWonder.com/halloween.htm

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:56 am

Rosie, I found it!! On the Tower site, the DVD is $16.99. Linky follows:

http://www.towerrecords.com/Video/Defau ... 0mr%20toad&