Walmart ground fogger.....sweet !!!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
MichaelMyers
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MichaelMyers » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:27 pm

bozz wrote:Ok here's the low down......the ground fogger's that use ice is better suited for indoor use only.....it just oozes out slowly and covers the floor.......I tried it outside and the wind just carrys it up.......so I went and got the $ 18 one at walmart and it really push the fog out thick and fast.....it was quite impressive.....the nozzle jet is smaller........might get another one......its little but blows more fog than my bigger one does......don't get the target one its a cheapy and not a very good brand....walmarts are much better.....they are call....THE FOG MACHINE....and they are silver.....don't let the size fool you......they are small....and we have test 3 models already.......the little silver $18 unit smokes us out of our backyard in mins.,.......very cool......oh we got 2 timers for our units.......works great.....our house maze is gonna be real foggy this year.......lol !
So is this silver $18.00 one the one to use for ground fog?? We have a regular one that floats up in the air, but I would like a ground one for around the inflatable house. Also, does this use regular ice or dry ice? thanks :)

bozz

Post by bozz » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:37 pm

MichaelMyers wrote:
bozz wrote:Ok here's the low down......the ground fogger's that use ice is better suited for indoor use only.....it just oozes out slowly and covers the floor.......I tried it outside and the wind just carrys it up.......so I went and got the $ 18 one at walmart and it really push the fog out thick and fast.....it was quite impressive.....the nozzle jet is smaller........might get another one......its little but blows more fog than my bigger one does......don't get the target one its a cheapy and not a very good brand....walmarts are much better.....they are call....THE FOG MACHINE....and they are silver.....don't let the size fool you......they are small....and we have test 3 models already.......the little silver $18 unit smokes us out of our backyard in mins.,.......very cool......oh we got 2 timers for our units.......works great.....our house maze is gonna be real foggy this year.......lol !
So is this silver $18.00 one the one to use for ground fog?? We have a regular one that floats up in the air, but I would like a ground one for around the inflatable house. Also, does this use regular ice or dry ice? thanks :)
No....the ice fogger is the more expensive one at $ 38, and it uses regular ice and regular fog juice.....It came out too slow for me for outdoor use on my maze......but may work well in your Airblown house its not as smelly either......I like the $18 one better for outdoors......but is more smelly.http://community.webtv.net/boswell7/doc0

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:05 am

Also, to make your own chiller for a regular fogger is really easy...we did one a few years ago. The directions are on Yardhaunter.com. Works very well, too.

RoisinDubh82
Ghost

Post by RoisinDubh82 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:00 pm

Do you know how many watts the walmart fogger is? it seems like the smallest/cheapest ones I've been reading about are 400W or so, but I wasn't sure that would be strong enough

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:05 pm

My Walmart ground fogger says 400w :)

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:37 am

Hang on now...so the wal-mart $38 fogger doesn't put out fog fast enough for outdoor use? I'm going to have to rethink this a bit then. I wanted it for a graveyard that I am putting outside (can't decide between front yard and back yard).

bozz

Post by bozz » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:48 am

EvilMel wrote:Hang on now...so the wal-mart $38 fogger doesn't put out fog fast enough for outdoor use? I'm going to have to rethink this a bit then. I wanted it for a graveyard that I am putting outside (can't decide between front yard and back yard).
Correct !!!....it is a very good one for indoors ONLY.....IMHO.... again it just oozes out.....just not anuff pressure through the jet nozzle ....we took ours back once I saw what it did outside....and got the small one......I had 2 running at once to compare.....the $ 18 one blows smoke like the space shuttle.....lol. I highly recommend that one for outdoor use !!!!!

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:12 am

Well, it says on the instructions that it's for indoor use, because it's made to roll out over the ground, and outside the wind just picks it up and moves it around. I'm going to get one for outside and use the ground fogger for indoors. Hooch said there's instructions somewhere to make any fog machine a ground fogger by making your own cooling unit. Maybe that would work better?
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

bozz

Post by bozz » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:16 am

EvilMel wrote:Hang on now...so the wal-mart $38 fogger doesn't put out fog fast enough for outdoor use? I'm going to have to rethink this a bit then. I wanted it for a graveyard that I am putting outside (can't decide between front yard and back yard).
Correct !!!....it is a very good one for indoors ONLY.....IMHO.... again it just oozes out.....just not anuff pressure through the jet nozzle ....we took ours back once I saw what it did outside....and got the small one......I had 2 running at once to compare.....the $ 18 one blows smoke like the space shuttle.....lol. I highly recommend that one for outdoor use !!!!!

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:22 pm

I was talking to the guy who does the Rotting Flesh Radio podcast and he put me onto this website to make my own chiller to go with my fogger:
http://www.gotfog.com

I haven't done it yet but this guy says he's made several and they work well...so I'm going to try it. Either way...it's a pretty neat website.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:44 pm

That's the website I was talking about...and I agree with bozz...just tried the ground fogger tonight and was dissapointed. Haven't tried it inside yet, though, we'll have to see how that works.

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:23 am

Now...if you use one inside (it says in that gotfog website) you will get a light fog mist on everything and everyone. Just wanted to make sure you knew that, ok?

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:06 am

Thanks, EvilMel! :)

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:45 am

No problem Hooch.

SappySwami
Zombie

Post by SappySwami » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:27 pm

I made a chiller for my fog machine a few years ago and it worked really well. I made the one from gotfog.com. This year I got my hands on a lot of think, walk-in freezer foam, so I plan to make a really big chiller that I can just fill with ice, I'll let you guys know how it turns out. A store-bought one might be easier, at least for indoors. :)