Glad to stumble upon you all

Discussion of general Halloween topics
mystixmanor
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

Glad to stumble upon you all

Post by mystixmanor » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:42 pm

Hi! I LOVE Halloween.. I have several parties for Halloween, I have a eight year old daughter who was born close enough to Halloween that she has a Halloween birthday party every year, I do a haunted trail, scary story by the camp fire, and lots of other little things but I want this year to be the best Halloween party in her eight years.. (she recently informed me that Halloween parties were not so cool anymore, I NEED to change her mind) I am hoping you all can help me with some ideas!! Don't let the age hold you back, this child isn't scared of anything! I had a GREAT trail last year, into the deep dark woods, (with a guide of course) and she didn't even jump! I NEED HELP!!
Mystix

spookyboo
Haunt Master

Re: Glad to stumble upon you all

Post by spookyboo » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:01 pm

mystixmanor wrote:Hi! I LOVE Halloween.. I have several parties for Halloween, I have a eight year old daughter who was born close enough to Halloween that she has a Halloween birthday party every year, I do a haunted trail, scary story by the camp fire, and lots of other little things but I want this year to be the best Halloween party in her eight years.. (she recently informed me that Halloween parties were not so cool anymore, I NEED to change her mind) I am hoping you all can help me with some ideas!! Don't let the age hold you back, this child isn't scared of anything! I had a GREAT trail last year, into the deep dark woods, (with a guide of course) and she didn't even jump! I NEED HELP!!
Wow Halloween uncool!!!! somebody needs to sound an alert or something, you certainly have my sympathies. It looks like some drastic measures are in need. I will think on it and let you know, good luck.

mystixmanor
Ghost

Post by mystixmanor » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:08 pm

I am so glad someone agrees with me!!! I look forward to hearing your ideas and I am looking and planning relentlessly until I get together the PERFECT party to change her mind.. I am looking forward to YEARS of having this party..lol
Mystix

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:04 pm

Hmmm... i 'm going to have to think on this one. If she is 8, having someone dress like Michael Meyers or Freddy Kruger might be too much. I just can't see how a Halloween party is not cool! I think that would be the best kind of party to have at any age!

The_Debbish
Ghost

so sad....

Post by The_Debbish » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:12 pm

Hey!
my birthday is actually *on* halloween, so I definatey have always had halloween-themed parties. ( And still will be - this year is 21 bua ha ha...) Anywho, sometimes, if it felt like the same party, thats where there would be any resistance, or something her friend's had said or a party one of them recently had. I doubt the theme is what's really bothering -- i mean who doesn't love stuff jumping out, costumes and candy?? Seriously... dress-up and candy are like little kids dreams any how. I would see maybe what she is picturing, maybe a sleepover or some sort of "creepy cafe" ( all sorts of wierd foods and stuff - maybe more for boys), or a costume contest, I remember when I was 8, it was all about the games and stuff, (TP mummy making races, eating apples off a string, etc.) Also a fun idea is to have guests not come in costumes, but have a basket of odds and ends for them to create them with, then put on a little show or something. There's just such a variet of things you can do still keeping Halloween, and all the fun wiht it, but giving the birthday variety and something different. Oh! and this might be a bit early, and can get expensive, but my 6th grade year we rented out this old cabin up in the mountains for my parents, me and like 6 friends. (They're usually cheaper in October too -- no longer summer, but not skiing season yet) anywho, hope any of this helped!
"We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from the machinations of the wicked."

while(awake)
{
write_code();
}

shanbanclear
Vampire

Post by shanbanclear » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:31 am

I would say that she probably doesn't think that the halloween party isn't cool, she may just be getting to the age where she worries about what her friends think. Most of her friends birthday parties are probably not halloween themed so she may feel a little uncomfortable that hers are different. I bet the best way to keep her interested in having a halloween party rather than have her start to resent it would be to split the birthday party and halloween party up. I would let her have her birthday party anyway that she wants it but also plan a separate halloween party. That way she can feel like she isn't any different than her friends by having a regular birthday party, but she may also feel cool that her parent throws an awesome halloween party as well! You could do the birthday party earlier in the month and give out invitations for the halloween party at the birthday party. That way you could talk the halloween party up as being a blast and get all of the kids excited for it. Two parties are better than one!

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:51 am

BlackCat wrote:Hmmm... i 'm going to have to think on this one. If she is 8, having someone dress like Michael Meyers or Freddy Kruger might be too much. I just can't see how a Halloween party is not cool! I think that would be the best kind of party to have at any age!

just dress her up as a clown. let her experience it in her way. then he will turn. muuahh

OPTIDONN
Zombie

Post by OPTIDONN » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:04 pm

Halloween not cool! I think I'm gonna faint!! Maybe in the past you did the things you thought were cool for Halloween. Maybe this year she could choose the theme...if it's not Halloween related we will be there for you in your time of need.

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:44 pm

word to that.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

ElMuertoMan17
Master Reaper

Post by ElMuertoMan17 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:39 pm

OK I really don't have much to say about this. I don't blame the girl for resenting a halloween themed birthday party every year. I mean, I would get bored as well if all partied were the same theme. Halloween parties being "not cool anymore" is just another way of saying It's getting boring. I don't know but that's just my thought on the subject.
La bruja, la bruja
se quedó encerrada
en una burbuja.
La bruja, la boba
con escoba y todo
con todo y escoba.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:15 pm

Perhaps she's trying to tell you, delicately, that she might enjoy an actual birthday-birthday.
Mine is after Christmas when everyone is totally burnt out on shopping and partying that when I was a kid I would get at least one gift wrapped in Christmas paper with an apology.
It's not that I wasn't happy to get the gift and all, but...
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

hippieluvn
Halloween Master

Post by hippieluvn » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:25 pm