Here's a challenge for the group

Let's discuss ideas and tips for decorating for Christmas

Here's a challenge for the group

Postby MHooch on Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:07 am

How should I decorate the Magic Pumpkin for Christmas?? Got any ideas? (For our new friends, let me just say that the Magic Pumpkin is my car: a VW Beetle convertible, orange with a black top. For Halloween she got JOL faces on both the doors.) SO what can I do for Christmas? I'd love to hear any and all ideas!
MHooch

Postby littledollclaudia on Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:37 am

I've got it! You can get some of those toy decals or magnets and make it the Magic Pumpkin Sleigh! If you wear a Santa hat as you drive, you're Mrs. Santa dropping off a shipment for good girls and boys. Throw in a wreath around your license plate for good measure or some lights in the window. Spray some of that snow in your windows too. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch considering Nightmare Before Christmas is so popular. I can just see you handing out mini candy canes to folks.

I just thought of this: If not toys, then Christmas items like nutcrackers, angels, ornaments, Christmas trees, Santas, stockings, snowflakes, etc. Your car would look just like a float in the Christmas parade!
~On the 13th day of Christmas, my ghoul love gave to me...~
littledollclaudia

Postby EvilMel on Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:45 am

You could also put those battery operated (or cigarette lighter operated) lights on it. That would be awesome!

I just put my wreath on my Jeep today. I absolutely love driving around with it on there. Normally I have a VW GTI (and have the Jeep to haul stuff once a week) but I always drive the Jeep all of November and December because I can put that wreath on there.
EvilMel

Postby GreenElf on Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:24 pm

I suppose you could try and make it into Christmas tree bulb if you could attached a fake hook holder on the top.....I don't really know if you could get that to work or not though. I was just thinking as it is kinda roundish and could look neat....
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Postby EvilMel on Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:27 pm

Oh that's a freaking great idea, but add it to the back of the car. Then it would look like a gigantic C9 bulb.
EvilMel

Postby MHooch on Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:06 am

Fabulous ideas, all. Thanks, guys!! I knew you'd come through for me! :lol:
MHooch

Postby littledollclaudia on Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:51 am

Oh yeah, her car would look like one of those Hallmark ornaments!!
~On the 13th day of Christmas, my ghoul love gave to me...~
littledollclaudia

Postby MHooch on Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:51 pm

I saw a cute little set in a catalog, two reindeer antlers that hook into the windows on either side, and a red ball nose for the front of the car. CUTE!
MHooch

Postby Snow-flake on Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:39 pm

Hey....

Since it is round...could you get a big magnetic round face of a snow man for on the front of it??? Then on the back.....have a sign made that says "Merry Christmas".

That is such a cool idea, for anyone to do....but because of the shape of your car....it works so cute....but they should make magnetic signs for on the hoods of anybody's car...cause you could make really elaborate signs too, with entire scenes on them. I could be a millionaire...if I just could patten every idea I have ever had. :D :wink:
Snow-flake

Postby Catzilla on Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:02 am

MHooch wrote:Fabulous ideas, all. Thanks, guys!! I knew you'd come through for me! :lol:
Let's see the Christmas makeover Hooch ? :P
Catzilla

Postby Blinky on Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:35 am

I think you all had Great ideas, I would like to see pics too. You could make you up a dummy of Santa and when you are not in your car. Like at work, The car is sitting in the parking lot. Put him in the drives seat, and when you are driving put him in the passenger seat. Oh, Don't forget your Santa hat,lol

it would be easy to make.
Blinky

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:08 pm

Well, since it's orange......and still looks like pumpkin.... I don't know how you do it but you could make it look like a Christmas carved pumpkin. Like a silouhette of Santa or something instead of a Jack O'Lantern face.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christm'oz
Holly Cl'Oz

Return to Holiday Decoration