mini pumpkins

Got a good recipe? Share it here!
geekmidwinter
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

mini pumpkins

Post by geekmidwinter » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:01 pm

Last year for my party, I bought a bundt pan, and made a big pumpkin cake, with two bundt cakes. I iced it orance and piped vines on it, and made a stem out of a mini candy bar covered in green icing. I used a carrot cake and dyed cream cheese frosting. It was delicious, and a big hit, but hard to cut and eat, because it was so big.

So this year, I found at Wal Mart, miniature bundt pans like muffin tins, with six little bundt cake molds in each one. I'm going to try mini pumpkins instead. And I'm using a FANTABULOUS pumpkin bread recipe I found on allrecipes.com, that has TWO packages of coconut cream pudding in it. If I thought it would work, I would ship them to all of you.

Maybe if I get ambitious enough, I'll borrow part of one of Spooky's ideas and make a little picket fence to surround my little pumpkin patch! And put some Charlie Brown figurines in there too!!! Now that would be awesome. This place inspires me!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:16 pm

That sounds fantastic! I was at the grocery store the other day and they had little pumpkin bundt pans! Im going to try and make something but I never get cake right.

Dee381
Vampire

Post by Dee381 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:19 pm

That sounds like it would come out really nice w/the Charlie Brown and the fence. Mmm and i love coconut. Good luck on your bread.
I get lots of ideas this site too lol.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:07 am

Hey Geek....I love that idea....that is awesome, you do it.

You can add some leaves too.

I have seen those little baby bundt pans. I love that kind of stuff.

I have heart shaped pans the size of cupcakes, and I make muffins in them, and I have little mini loaf pans too, and make all kinds of breads in them, they are so adorable. You just want to hug and squeeze them...

Or Ice them and eat them works too. :wink:

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:22 am

Spooky: LOL! :lol:

Devil Woman
Ghost

Post by Devil Woman » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:30 pm

I also like those mini pumpkins which are candies, made out of the same thing that candy corns are made of.

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:58 am

I love this cake! I want this for my wedding cake. I want to change it to look more like the Nightmare Before Christmas mountain and put a Jack and Sally topper on it. But the shape is so funky. But I would love to have it just the way it looks in the pic at any Halloween party I give.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry