Need recipies and ideas...

Got a good recipe? Share it here!
Sheila
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Need recipies and ideas...

Post by Sheila » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:36 pm

What are some of your all time favorite things to serve at parties? Are there specific things you make every fall? I was just looking at this forum and realized there aren't a lot of recipes on here. Every fall I crave pumpkin pie and popcorn balls and this year especially I have started wanting chili. I would love some feedback. :P

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:52 pm

At parties (Halloween or otherwise) we try to stick to "finger foods", or at least "toothpick" foods: meatballs, chip and dip, crudites, cheese, crackers, fruit platters. We serve our punch in a cauldron, lots of cheescloth and spiders on the table, black and orange napkins, cups, plates. We love to put chili in the crockpot this time of year, and then go outside, maybe to the pumpkin patch, and have it hot and smelling so good when we get home! Look at the "pumpkin bars" posting for our favorite fall dessert.

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:53 pm

We are chili eaters too! There is nothing better than setting up Halloween decorations outside on a crisp fall day, then coming in to a warm house and a steaming bowl of homemade chili! Thats one of my favorite parts of fall! I also make white chicken chili, homemade pumpking bars with frosting, and caramel apples with nuts. Wow-just thinking about it all makes me hungry!

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:57 am

There is a wonderful book called The Witch's Handbook by Malcolm Bird. Supposedly for kids but I love it. It has some recipes, crafts and humorous ways of how to become a witch. There is a recipe in it for kneebones. These cookies are my family's favorite and I can't make enough. The book is available at Amazon.com if you cannot find it in a store.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:21 am

mmmmmmmmmmm chili. I love it, there is alot of websites that have ideas for cooking. like kraft and such.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:52 am

MMMM Chili - I have about 5 different reciepes for home made chili so I eat a lot of it during the fall. We always serve chili at the Halloween party with hotdogd (chilli dogs).

My other all time favorite reciepe is for home made chex mix. It is amazing......secret family reciepe.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:50 am

i always serve chilli cheese dip (canned chilli and velveta (sp?))

and also a block of cream cheese w/ raspberry preserves poured over it and sprinkled w/ a little pepper. spread it on ritz crackers. IT'S GOOD
trick or treat

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:44 pm

Oh yes I forgot we also do this punch every halloween. It is just a box of orange sherbert, and gingerale. You just mix it up and yummmm. SO good and cant mess it up.

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:57 pm

I can't remember if I posted it before or not, but I made an awesome turkey chili that is actually made with pumpkin. I know it sounds weird, but trust me it will rock your face off. the pumpkin flavor is very subtle, and it makes it thick and yummy. I got the recipe from http://www.allrecipes.com and made it for my fam and friends on Labor Day, and it was a hit.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:51 pm

Here's where I get alot of my recipes for the B & B

http://www.tasteofhome.com

and

http://www.bbonline.com (This is my fav website)

Tomorrow for Breakfast I am making pumpkin pancakes with spiced apple cider syrup and sausage patties.

I made the syrup tonight.

It has apple juice (or cider), brown sugar, corn syrup, butter,lemon juice, nutmeg and cinnamon in it...it was yummy.

I made this caramel apple stuffed pecan french toast...it was awesome stuff. It is on the Taste of Home website.

This time of year we love to cook.

Tomorrow we are making a pork roast, saurkraut and mashed potatoes and a homeade apple pie.

I love chili too.

We like making roast beef sandwiches...or hot turkey samdwiches.

I make pumpkin raisin nut cookies that are aweome.

I make a really good pumpkin roll.

For parties...I do all kinds of stuff....I already listed a bunch of stuff on the thread where I posted all the pictures.

I cook a couple things in the crock pot, and I make tons of desserts for the parties.

One thing I liked that we did, was take vanilla pudding and put orange and green food coloring in it, then we crushed oreos for on top, and topped it with gummy worms. That was super easy.

I have Halloween jello molds, and I make them every year, with grape, orange and lime jello, and I put them on a tray with gummy worms.