local halloween attractions

Announce Halloween and related events, conventions, gatherings here. And let people know if you are going to be there.
midnight kitty
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

local halloween attractions

Post by midnight kitty » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:28 am

what are some of the halloween attractions where you live?
there used to be lots of haunted houses by me, but they're not open anymore. instead we now have corn mazes, pumpkin patched and festivals (the festivals aren't very good. they need to be thought out better)
the local private communities have trick or treating on different night. my sister-in-law lives in 1 so i take the child there. they give out a lot of candy. the mall also has trick or treating on a different night. not much candy, but she gets to be around a lot of kids. so the child gets to go trick or treating 3 times a yr. she has a blast
trick or treat

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:08 pm

Around where I live there are lots of haunted houses. There are, in the surrounding rural areas, pumpkin patches and a few corn mazes too. Local schools around here often have little fall festivals or carnivals. Sometimes those can be fun and they help out a good cause.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:58 pm

Well I live in Nova Scotia and in the area I live there isn't much happening by way of Halloween events, i think that must be why I have Halloween parties.... in hopes of the spirit rubbing off on others for next year. Anyway about a hours drive from me there is a town that every October have Pumpkin People. They set up displays (and really go all out) with life size pumpkin people doing things (flying a kite, waving, playing sports like volly ball etc...) its really cool. And there isn't just one or two pumpkin people but crowds of pumpkin people arranged to look like they are walking down the street and all over the place. THe majority of houses, business, and big companies take part...even at the gas stations. It sounds like somehting out of a book or something but it is really cool. There isn't so much typical Halloween stuff but just pumpkin people. I did see pumpkin people dressed up like trick or treaters though. I will have to get some pictures this year and display them. I only wished they did that here. Oh well at least its not too far to drive.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:31 am

Pennywise11 wrote: Anyway about a hours drive from me there is a town that every October have Pumpkin People. They set up displays (and really go all out) with life size pumpkin people doing things (flying a kite, waving, playing sports like volly ball etc...) its really cool.
Very Cool. I would love to see pictures posted if you go this year. What a neat idea. I wish someplace around here would do something cool like that for the fall/halloween.

cooleycoolgirl
Vampire

Louisville halloween

Post by cooleycoolgirl » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:37 pm

Halloween in Louisville, Ky is the coolest place to celebrate halloween bc we have so many real haunted places around for example i know everyone has heard of waverly hills sanitarium. Waverly hills is located in dixie highway in louisville ky. It is the second most haunted place in the U.S says scariest places on earth. We also have all of old Louisville and they are pretty much all haunted. mostly in St. James Court. They are old historical homes that have ghost still haunting the house at almost ever house in st. james court. Besides the real haunted houses the cheesy fake ones we have a lot of around. They are also a blast to go to.
:twisted:
Im into haunted places

Haunter
Crypt Keeper

Post by Haunter » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:50 am

I'm from the Cincinnati area and am looking for a good haunted area to come to with a group of friends. Any ideas where to go? Any help would be appreciated
All alone in the woods with nothing but the smell of smoke from the camp fire, cracking leaves as you walk and seeing your breath from the cold crisp air. Halloween is my favorite time of the year!

cooleycoolgirl
Vampire

Post by cooleycoolgirl » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:39 pm

omg go to waverly hills santitarium it is the second most haunted place in the U.S says scariest places on earth and it really is haunted i swear. :twisted: im from louisville and go there a lot so take this from someone who knows, ok :twisted:
Im into haunted places

Haunter
Crypt Keeper

Post by Haunter » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:36 am

Thanks for the help. I'll have to check it out. Have you ever wondered why we like to put ourselves in situations where we are nervous, anxious and wanting to scare ourselves? On top of that we pay for that sort of thing. I usually go to atleast 12 haunted houses during the month of October and I still get asked why I enjoy them so much. How about you cooleycoolgirl?
All alone in the woods with nothing but the smell of smoke from the camp fire, cracking leaves as you walk and seeing your breath from the cold crisp air. Halloween is my favorite time of the year!

Pumpkin-Pie
Zombie

Post by Pumpkin-Pie » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:29 pm

I didnt know anything was happening by me till i seen it advertised on this site...

http://www.spookyworld.co.uk

Sounds good to me! =) xx
Trick or Treat...Trick or Treat ??
Give me something good to eat!

TRICK OR TREAT?!??

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:13 am

Sadly, we have but one haunted house. It's put on by the Coast Guard in an old barn in the Coast Guard housing area. It's definitely not the best haunted house, but I'll take it over nothing . . .
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.