Werewolf movies

Talk about television shows, movies, music and more!
geekmidwinter
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Werewolf movies

Post by geekmidwinter » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:50 am

Two of my favorite movies of all time, Silver Bullet and Dog Soldiers.

Silver Bullet is based on a Steven King story and I remember having the classic 11 year old girl slumber party and watching it, it scared the <deleted> out of me, and I still love it. It was on my buddy's film fest last year, and it was just as good as back in the day.

Dog Soldiers is an all around awesome movie, it takes place in the Scottish countryside, and involved an Irish army detail that was sent out for "training" excersizes and gets way more than they bargained for. Sean Pertwee and Kevin McKidd are in it, McKidd played in HBO's Rome series, and I believe Sean Pertwee did too, for an episode or two. There is so much gold in Dog Soldiers, I could go on and on about it. There's a melee of destruction, and a Matrix reference, and a sword, and explosions, and badassery of every sort. I highly recommend it.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

darkshadow
Zombie

Post by darkshadow » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:04 am

I'd like to see those, since I love werewolves. But if you haven't already, you should see the class B&W movie THE WOLF MAN! It created lots of the werewolve myths, like the silver bullet.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:34 am

You should also check out WAXWORKS -it has one of the creepiest werewolves in it I have ever seen.

You also can't beat the werewolf in AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON.

And if you like wolf movies check out: WOLFEN

Of course, there is always THE HOWLING

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:44 am

Awesome, I'll have to check those out, my boyf is a huge universal monsters fan, and it kills him that I've never seen The Wolfman.

I've seen An American Werewolf in Paris, but not in London, and I've never seen any of the others you listed, if the woofs are really creepy in Waxworks, I'm sure I'll love it, the one's in Dog Soldiers were very impressive, that's another one of the hundreds of things I love about that movie.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:56 pm

You definately have to watch American Werewolf in London, you can get it on DVD at Wal-Mart for like $6. It is an awesome movie. The special effects are so good....it is that movie that Michael Jackson kind of ripped off for his Thriller video.

Waxworks is awesome. I love the cast. Deborah Foreman, Zach Galligan and Michelle Johnson. It is about this wax museum and when someone steps into one of the exhibits they become real, and they become a part of them. The werewolf one is the first one, and it is so creepy. That werewolf is just so scary. I definately recommend it, if you like Silver Bullet, you would like both of these.

MWRuger
Vampire

Post by MWRuger » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:40 pm

Not really a woof movie, but Cujo has some pretty nice moments.

Dog Soldier is indeed quite good. A lot of gore and the pacing is frenetic. Great picture.

Halloween the 13th
Zombie

Post by Halloween the 13th » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:25 pm

Yeah, American Werewolf in London was awesome. Especially the nightmares that guy was having. Again... another flick that burnt some serious scares into my psychi.

But "The Howling". Oh man! I still <deleted> myself anytime someone says "I want to give you me a piece of my mind".

:shock:
The 13 days of Halloween was my idea!!! My idea I say!!!