People offended by Halloween

Discussion of general Halloween topics
MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:38 am

Great idea!! PA is not that far from Virginia!! I was out cruisin' around today, clear, sunny, 68 degrees, it was awesome :D

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:50 am

Eecch, don't get me started on people who "claim" that Halloween is so bad. I have had many discussions on this very subject over the years. People are so confused by the media and the few idiots who act stupid unfortunately get all the attention. I am NOT going to sacrifice a kitten by the full moon, or give your child tainted candy, or bring them over to the dark side and condemn them to Hell. What a load of hogwash. It's a day of celebration, fantasy and fun, not a day of persecution. See, the trouble is I have talked to a lot of Christians. Here's the deal. There are Christians and there are churchgoing bible thumpers. The Christians are very inquisitive and actually want to learn more about it. The churchgoing bible thumpers just say you're going to Hell as their argument. What?!?!? Who gave you the right to judge me? How is that statement even a valid point? These are the SAME people who have a 50 foot tall Santa in the yard and see nothing wrong with it. Arrgh..

:gets off her soapbox and goes back to carving her pumpkin:
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:38 pm

my boss at work thinks it is crazy I played a cd with halloween stories and he ripped it out. I almost quit.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:45 pm

I'm a nanny now so its pretty cool. The kids love Halloween and their parents dont mind when we make crafts,color pictures, watch HAlloween movies, and decorate the house. Sooooo much better than my old job! Plus the kids get as excited about it as I do!

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:54 am

I totally can not understand people who want to take away stuff from someone else, when it is none of their business what everyone else chooses to do.

If you don't like Halloween that's your choice...then don't celebrate it, shut yout lights off and sit in the dark, and act like a poop.

But, don't wreck it for the rest of the people who LOVE it.

I can't stand that about people who have nothing better to do than to destroy things that are fun and aren't harming anybody.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:45 am

I think people go overboard trying be politically correct, not realizing that either way somebody is going to get hurt.

spookyboo
Haunt Master

Post by spookyboo » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:44 pm

I of course can think of no sane reason someone would object to Halloween, People spend so much time being offended by the actions of other people. why not just pay attention to yourself perhaps you are offending me. Besides I can think of dozens of horrible things to be against. If you are going to be a Fanatic about something shouldnt it be about something that really is evil say ....child abuse, serial killers, politicians..etc.... My plea goes out.
Leave Halloween alone. Its my true passion and by celebrating in my way I hurt no one, cause no one pain and only bring a bit of Happiness to an otherwise violent and confussed world.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:49 pm

hey, spookey, thanks for the trip down memory lane yesterday. You dredged up shows I had totally forgotten about. Half your list made me go:"Oh, yeah..."
The good news about cable and video, is of course, that you can progam your tube any way you LIKE now..wall to wall Bionic Woman if you wanted..and not EVERYTHING is lost..Superman was around this summer, and who would have thought a good old fashioned Pirate movie would be such a box office smash when they started planning this whole thing about five years ago?
Hey, Black Cat, just remember, we're on the side that's WINNING..we have more fun and better candy then ANY harvest festival, and the folks who are making the candy, chips,pop, costumes, make up, Cd's, videos, pumpkins, toys, electronic gizmos, and t.v. schedules are on OUR side..Heck, it's just like the web site here says..more parties then Christmas and second ONLY to Christmas in terms of spending..
We're here to stay...
Wait until you see your first batch of tourists who come up the street with TEARS in their eyes and say:"We have waited for YEARS to see a REAL Halloween!"..gives you a warm feeling..and you don't want to be anywhere else. ( this is TRUE, by the way..some of the executives in a Japanese car plant had their relatives come over just for Halloween in our town...folks from the west coast will probably be able to tell you about tours that are organized out there...We are situauted in a wonderful place..)
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:10 pm

I feel very lucky about the church we go to. We are UCC and they are very liberal--we have a woman minister (also a male one as well) and several gay/lesbian couples in our church and we do celebrate Halloween. They have this activity the weekend before Halloween called "Trick-a-Trunk"-you decorate the trunck of your car with a Halloween theme, and all the cars line up in two rows, trunks open, and the kids go from car to car getting candy. Its really a lot of fun. Then they go inside for crafts, snacks and a haunted house. My husband and I are both car lovers (and we have no kids yet)-so we have three cars between us. The first year we took our Porsche Convertible. The engine sits in the middle, under the seats, so there are two trunks-one in the front and the back. We had them both propped open, with cobwebs, skeletons, a scary hand bowl, spiders...you name it. The kids loved the decor...and loved the fact that they got twice the amount of candy from two trunks!! Last year we took my H2 and had it all decked out. When you open the back its tall enough to stand under-so we had tons of webs, a strobe light we plugged in, the Halloween Movie playing on the TV's in the back of the headrests, skeletons, everything. We also had our life sized Michael Myers sitting in the drivers seat and we had a spot light on him. Some of the kids were scared (the little ones) but most like it. We also had a severe arm wedged underneath one of the tires! It was great!

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:36 pm

Uncletor-How do you get wall to wall Bionic Woman, cause I am there for that, if it is possible. I have Direct TV, and there is nothing but junk on TV...I would kill to watch something good. The only decent TV channel is TVLand...and they play back to back episodes constantly of the same shows. They should mix it up, and play hard to find stuff.

I saw the Superman movie this summer, and we all thought it stunk to no end, even my 13 year old son...said ...let's leave. It was sad because I had hopes when they used the original music in the opening credits, I had goosebumps over that...I thought...ooooh this could be good, and then ...the movie started, and 45 minutes in to it, it was so boring I couldn't believe it. The acting was horrible and the story was just ridiculous.

I am not a fan of Pirates of the Caribbean.....I went to see it with my son, all I can say about it...is it was better than the first, cause I did walk out of the first one. And it held my attention...I didn't fall asleep. But....the reason those movies made any money at all is 1 reason only....

there is nothing else.

Plus, those are what we have now in the line up of movies...all we have are sequels, movies that are based on an old TV show, or movies that are remakes...that's it...forget it for finding an original idea out there.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:42 am

The DVD would work. It's the way a friend of mine has wall to wall LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE and ANNE OF GREEN GABLES at her place.
Yup, I heard Superman was a stinker. But the point was, that he was still around, good, bad or indifferent..
Heck, I pulled the plug on cable YEARS ago..what's the Bruce Spingsteen song? 57 Channels with nothing on? Like that. I figure when there's an emergency, I'm gonna see it on EVERY channel. In the meantime, it's what I want when I want to watch it...(this makes my daughter slap her head with frustration..I'm the kind of grampa that lets HER daughter see all those old Looney Tunes...the ones where Bugs now and then still fires BACK at Sam with his own guns...)

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:45 am

The Bionic Woman and Six Million Dollar Man haven't been released yet to DVD. I have alot of the episodes on tapes though and DVDs I bought off ebay.

I have every TV show you can think of on DVD, and that's what we watch. Right now I am watching the 1st and second season of The Facts of Life, before that I watched the 1st season of Dynasty.

We have:

Three's Company
Differ'nt Strokes
Starsky and Hutch- seasons 1-3
Little House on the Prairie -seasons 1-7
The Greatest American Hero
Macgyver
Streethawk
The Incredible Hulk
The Secrets of Isis
Baretta
Dallas
Charlies Angels
Wonder Woman- seasons 1-3
The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew
Land of the Lost
The Dukes of Hazzard seasons 1 & 2
Emergency!

There are a ton of other shows I am going to be buying as Christmas presents too.

I am so glad they did release everything to DVD, but I get to watch all this good stuff...while kids that maybe can't afford them...they are stuck watching garbage.

Of course Superman is still around...they are bringing all the superhero stuff back, how can that possibly ever go out of style.
They are casting right now to make the Wonder Woman movie.

But, I still think the new superhero movies suck.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:07 am

I will never say anything bad, ever, about something that gets ladies to dress up in Wonder Woman outfits.
Meanwhile, some healthy signs that the battle is (mostly) ours at the magazine rack, READERS DIGEST has their own special edition of Halloween stuff to do around the house..READERS DIGEST, people..right up there with Norman Rockwell and Neil Diamond..I mean we are talking mainstream..
Also Today's Parent has one, how could you be more wholesome or loving then to have one of those in the house???
("Why Zeeb, this thar Halloween must be good after all...Today's Parent and Readers Digest make money off of it..let's get us some sheets..")

Wait until the fanatics find out about Mexico's Day of the Dead...

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:13 am

That's true. For every one person that is offended by HAlloween, there are 10 more out there that love it. We will win!

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:56 pm

Just look around at all of us...we have families, children, pets, boyfriends, and a lot of wholesome ideas to share. I get tired of the holier than thou set that will sooner forgive a murderer than slap a bat sticker on their window. Halloween makes me happy. A happy wife/mother is ideal for kids and husbands. While my friends and family might occasionally send a rolling eye my way, they get caught up in my enthusiasm and have fun right along with me. I feel sorry for those who choose to spend their precious lives pointing their fingers at others and trying so hard to ruin the fun in life. Sooo sad...they'll get nothing but wrinkles from all that frowning.

...I feel better now. :D
Don't drink and fly...