Casket?

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
FireWolf
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

Casket?

Post by FireWolf » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:10 pm

i was wondering if anyone had blueprints or diagrams on how to make a nice looking casket/coffin? I cant seem to find anything that doesnt look to cheap and crappy.Thanks

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:30 pm

Here is the most awesome website for Halloween props...I know I have seen a casket on there:

http://www.shindigz.com

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:42 pm

Here see if this works for you:

http://www.shindigz.com/catalog.cfm?caid=684993

FireWolf
Ghost

Post by FireWolf » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:33 pm

Very nice site..alot of cool things... Love the Casket but was wanting more to make my own.. Think it might be cheaper to do it myself... But thanks a million for the site
I WILL JUDGE YOU...
YOUR BLOOD SHALL FLOW THROUGHOUT THE LAND...
FOR I HAVE SPOKEN...
DO YOU WANNA PLAY A GAME???

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:54 pm

Building one should be easy...if you have the tools, all you need is to draw the pattern out, and you can use a picture and just use a ruler to make the edges straight. Cut it out with a jig saw, and get some hinges. I would think it would be a pretty simple thing to do, if you have ever done anything like that. Then paint it black, so even if you goof it and it isn't perfect...it is in the dark and painted black...nobody is ever going to notice. You could put some kind of decorative touches on the lid...like they did on the one in this catalog. Those you could just hot glue on. It would make it more detailed.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:16 am

One year we made an awesome coffin out of heavy cardboard, just looked at a picture and fitted two long boxes together, cut and pasted a little to get what i think is referred to as a toe pincher shape, and covered the whole thing with a heavy vinyl. (pasted on) Looks great, has a working lid. we usualy put Drac in it and prop the top open, add some light. :idea:

kiki
Vampire

Easy Coffin

Post by kiki » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:45 am

Last year we bought a new entertainment center and I used the boxes to make an easy coffin. I used an electric turkey cutter to cut cardboard (the cutter also cuts styrofoam super easy and precise) and used packing tape to tape together in the shape of a coffin. Then I spray painted it black. I used other pieces of cardboard to make a lid. I then used the styrofoam to make a cut out of a mummy and wrapped with coffee stained ripped sheet pieces. I used a mummy mask for the head and cheap skeleton gloves (I ripped the plastic hand parts off of glove) and elmers glued them on and wrapped them as well. Very cool and cheap. I had so much cardboard from that entertainment center that I also made a well like the one in the movie "The Ring" and used the styrofoam to make the girl coming out of it. I spray painted her green (lightly spray paint styrofoam cuz it will melt) and put a long cheap wig on her. Very cool!
I am getting excited!!! It's getting close!

noxqq4u
Ghost

Post by noxqq4u » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:53 pm