Favorite Horror Movie Actor or Actress??

Talk about television shows, movies, music and more!
Spooky
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Favorite Horror Movie Actor or Actress??

Post by Spooky » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:35 pm

Mine is Jill Schoelen.

I liked her in the movie The Stepfather (I remember me and my friends rented that movie in 1987 for a Halloween party we had)-It was an awesome party cause we were moving to another apartment...so we cleared out all the furniture out of the old apartment, and rented a big screen tv, and vcr and we all got blankets and pillows, and laid on the floor and watched horror movies all night and ate pizza and chips. It was so fun...cause it was guys and girls and I was only 18 at the time, so we had a total blast.

Anyway...I like Jill in that movie...and then I bought another movie she was in with J. Eddie Peck called The Curse-2-The Bite, it is an awesome movie, I think it is my favorite movie she was in.

But she has been in other scary movies:

Chiller
Popcorn
When a Stranger Calls Back

Has anyone seen any of those??

I also like her in Hot Moves and Rich Girl (even though those aren't horror movies)

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:29 am

I have seen The Stepfather...chilling. :shock:

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:32 am

Oh, and my favorite horror movie actor is Boris Karloff.

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:54 am

Vincent Price, no question.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:44 am

was, is, and always will be robert englund
trick or treat

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:12 am

Jill was great in Popcorn, and the movie is really worth hunting down...makes a couple of good points about the predatory urge we sometimes encourage in our media, and pokes gentle fun at the gimack movies of the 50's...
Fave actress..Barbara Steele..you guys probably remember her from CHAINED HEAT or SHIVERS..but she did a bunch of Italian horror flicks in the 60's...
Fave actor...it's either Bela in SO many movies..or Abel Salazar in THE BRAINIAC..the best, absolutely BEST, most CRAZED Mexican horror movie EVER...he wrote the thing as well as playing the part of THE BARON.
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:50 pm

Hey Uncletor...I never heard of those Barbara Steele movies...but my favorite movie she's in is Silent Scream...if you have never seen it and are a fan of hers, you must get it, she's also in Piranha-and I love it too.

I just bought a movie she is in called SheBeast, but I haven't watched it yet.

Silent Scream played on HBO all the time when I was in the 7th grade, and that movie freaked me out.

It has this old creepy house in it, and this grandma and grandson live in it, and they take in college students as borders...and people start getting killed off....Barbara Steele is the daughter of the woman who owns the house (which is Yvonne DeCarlo(Lilly Munster)...Barbara is a mental case and they have her hid up in the attic...but she gets out, and start killing people...it is so creepy.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:52 pm

Another horror movie that Jill is in is:

Cutting Class (it is kind of ok)

Brad Pitt made his debut in it, him and Jill were engaged at one time.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:53 am

the best Barbare Steele Italian jobs are
BLACK SUNDAY....American International brought it over here..try to get the sinister cinema version with a different music track and voices...just the opening scene where they drive a mask with spikes through her face should hook you.
THE HORRIBLE DOCTOR HITCHCOCK..No relation to Alfred. She can't figure out WHY her new husband is NEVER around..again, Sinister Cinema has the uncut, English version..
THE GHOST: a sort of sequel to the movie above..this time, SHE'S trying to kill HIM.
NIGHTMARE CASTLE..GREAT atmosphere...cool makeup at the end
CASTLE OF BLOOD...some really STUPID guy takes up a bet from Edgar Allen Poe that he can spend the night in a haunted house. Babs is what he finds there..in the morning, Poe collects his bet, and you'll love the last scene..but EDGAR ALLEN POE?? Wouldn't you just give him the five clams AND RUN???

gerber
Zombie

Post by gerber » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:35 pm

Reggie Nalder as the Barlow the Vampire in the first Salem's Lot minis-series. He never says a word, but scared the hell out of me nonetheless!!

scarebaby
Ghost

Lon Chaney Sr

Post by scarebaby » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:35 pm

Silent movie actor who did the original Phantom of the Opera, Hunchback of Notre Dame, and othe amazing spooky stuff. I think TCM is showing a couple of his movies tonight (Sunday Oct 1).
Please visit my Halloween shop at http://www.cafepress.com/scarebaby/829334

gerber
Zombie

Post by gerber » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:22 pm

I think you're talking about Lon Chaney.

neverendingwonder
Crypt Keeper

Post by neverendingwonder » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:18 am

Karloff of course- and I grew up watching the Hammer horrors with Chris Lee & Peter Cushing- great actors. Chris Lee still active and doing genre films like Sleepy Hollow & Lord of the Rings.
NeverEndingWonder Halloween Radio Empire
http://www.NeverEndingWonder.com/halloween.htm

SappySwami
Zombie

Post by SappySwami » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:26 pm

Bela Lugosi. Dracula, the Black Cat, and White Zombie are movies that changed how I saw horror. It doesn't have to be a slasher to be scary. Plus, Bela had a way of being sexy as well as scary. It's one of the things that made him brilliant.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:07 am

Hey, Spooky, we played POPCORN at work the other night, still holds up well...thye tell me now that Jill has had two kids and pretty much retired from the biz...