Night of the Living Dead

Talk about television shows, movies, music and more!
Spooky
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Night of the Living Dead

Post by Spooky » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:29 pm

I watched the original Black and White version last year around this time of year for the first time.

I was always so terrified to watch that movie. I saw pictures of it, and it was filmed here in PA, plus being in black and white just made it even more creepy.

I have to say that everything about it was exactly what I was scared of...it was really creepy to me.

It is a great movie to watch on a Fall evening with a big bowl of Popcorn.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:30 am

I remember sitting in the drive in watching that movie, and I almost made my boyfriend take me home, I was SO freaked out. Still gives me the creeps, even though I'm all grown up nw, and know that it was JUST A MOVIE :shock: :shock:

Tidytourniquet
Crypt Keeper

Post by Tidytourniquet » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:12 pm

I tried to watch that the other day but I can't really get into black and white movies. I guess I'm just so used to the newer scary movies, with their fancier graphics.
Last edited by Tidytourniquet on Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:47 pm

The local channel used to play it every Halloween. Saw it for the first time when I was 19.
Still remember the impact of the gore and the savagery of the zombies..and Duane, getting shot in the end..and nobody even noticing he was any different..
Always, always remember that theme music as they come into the house and with a series of still grainy photos you see them REMOVE the body..
and burn it..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:39 am

I think black and white is so much more scarier than any new movie. I hate CGI stuff....it looks like a video game. I think older movies from the 80's, have the best effects and look more real than these new movies. New movies are just graphic and disgusting...and they are all about torture and are twisted and demented.

I like scary stuff, but it has to be the right kind of scary for me.

I use to think the old Werewolf and Dracula movies were the coolest and scariest thing....they use to play them in the middle of the afternoon on Saturdays in the 70's, and I was completely freaked out by them.

I watched an old werewolf episode not long ago, and it was still the same way.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:09 am

That was a great movie but I like the new Dawn of the Dead, a remake the Romero really didn't want remade but it worked.

Tidytourniquet
Crypt Keeper

Post by Tidytourniquet » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:54 pm

I love movies that are twisted and demented, I guess it's just my personality but I also like most of the older scary movies like Halloween and Friday the 13th. Its just that some movies either start out too slow or there isn't enough action and it doesn't hold my attention.
Last edited by Tidytourniquet on Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:23 pm

THAT'S RIGHT
night of the living dead was filmed right here in the poconos. stoudsburg to be exact. the cemetary on dreher ave. unfortunately it doesn't look a thing like in the movie anymore.
damn progress and building :P
trick or treat