Is anyone decorating outside yet?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:57 am

I am starting this weekend seeing as it is the first official weekend of Fall. It is finally here! Time to get everyone ready.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:01 am

I put out a cute little sign yesterday and our dog ripped it right outta the ground and took off with it. I need to figure out what else I can put out there for now before we have to move.

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:30 am

Hey guys, I should go take a picture of this one house by me. It's one of those multi-million dollar houses (we don't have a lot of those here in Knoxville). Every year they put out this gigantic spider. This thing must be at least 8 feet across. It sits in a spider web and has a guy's hand in it's fangs. They hang it outside their big huge gates.

Well my point is that the first time I saw it up was two days ago...so that's my cue to go ahead and start decorating!

Actually Tuesday was international "Talk Like A Pirate Day" so we put out a 3'x5' Jack Rackham pirate flag (instead of our American flag) that we are leaving up through Halloween (my husband wants to leave it up year round).

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:26 pm

Check out Steven King's house, I want to live there:

http://travel.mainetoday.com/fromaway/040401.shtml

If you click on the link called "steven king's house" on the right, in the blue box under sights & sounds, there's a slide show, his gates are spectacular. Can you imagine Halloween there????
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:53 pm

That would be an ideal place to live. I'm kinda glad we're moving because we are going to a very small town with a population of no one. The cemetaries are all really old and on hills, the main street has all you need from post office to grocery store, and all the houses are huge and really old. It makes me feel like I'm walking into Stephan King novel.

devil
Ghost

Post by devil » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:19 pm

i just began putting stuff up at my house i want to make it really
creepy this year i am going to scare the hell out children and their
parents.

i really enjoy scaring people i am really good at that and espcially around
this time of the year.
i am the devil i will make your nightmares come true hahaha so beware out there adults, teens and my favorite kiddies of all ages

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:11 am

Black Cat, that town sounds awesome!!

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:44 am

I know I can't wait to get up there. I will be going up there on the weekends for now because I am in school Tuesdays and Thursdays. I should graduate in May, and then I will be up there full time. I love the fact that I can take a walk at midnight there and not have to worry about someone mugging me like I would here. Also last weekend I wa sthere and they were having their annual Fall Festival. They closed of streets and people were walking around with fresh cider and everything was decorated with scarecrows and pumpkins. It was really fun. They also had an outdoor market with fresh fruits and veggies and you could purchase all kinds of Fall and Halloween crafts. It's my kinda place.

HOSGAARA
Crypt Keeper

Post by HOSGAARA » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:52 pm

[color=black][/color]WE ALREADY STARTED TO DECORATE OUR HOUSE IN FL. WELL LIKE BECAUSE IM 15 AND GOTH! IM A BIG HALLOWEEN PERSON AND WE ARE DOING A HAUNTED HOUSE ITS GONNA BE AWSOME! BUT THE SUCKISH THING IS, HARDLY anyone can come :twisted: because you have to have a pass and i only gave them to a few people i know. its also like a party so i got a lot to do! im a true country gal, but im goth it make a lot of sense doesn't it! im like responding to every thing that entersts me so im kina a freak if you reply you can say i am :wink: ;) i have 17 disorders so being weird isn't that hard for me by yall! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen:
HOLY JOHNY CHRIST IMMA SEE EM IN NO TIME!!!

IF ANY ONE KNOS WAT IM TALKING ABOUT MESSAGE ME!!!!

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:34 am

The decorated houses are starting to creep up all over the city! Yesterday we went cruising around and I saw so many houses with lights and pumpkins and coffins everything! I was so excited to see other people starting to put up their decorations before October! This is great!

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:42 am

i saw a couple of houses these past few days. i was kinda upset that i wasn't the first one... :( but im gonna get my stuff up this weekend so ill be better then. i have the inside done but the outside is what really takes time for us. i can't wait!!! :D

Tidytourniquet
Crypt Keeper

Post by Tidytourniquet » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:53 am

I don't really ever see too many people decorate for halloween around here but there's this one house that does it every year. One year they had a cookout on their lawn and you could either get candy or a hotdog. They just started to put up sutff 2 days ago and every night he rearranges the stuff and adds more things, I guess he can never get it how he wants.

I only have like 3 more things and I'm completely done putting up all that is going up. I wish I could do more outside though but we don't give away candy here because we go to my grandmoms and give it out and for some reason our stuff either gets stolen or broken.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:22 am

I hate the plastic tall things you put up masking tape just doesnt work. lol
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Catzilla
Haunt Master

Post by Catzilla » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:02 pm

I have my stuff up....it's not real elaborate, but it looks great & I know the people out here in the countryside appreciate the view....I leave my lights on from about 9-6:30 so that everybody gets a good look.
I will turn them on after midnight Sunday night ! Image

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:43 pm

Go for it Catz. I haven't had a chance to get all my stuff up yet, but I'm hoping to start this week. Take some pics if you can :D
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.