LA ideas...

Review the Haunts you've visted
The_Debbish
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

LA ideas...

Post by The_Debbish » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:15 pm

Halloween is by B-day, so I always go all out, but this year is my 21st (yay!) and I'm lookin for someplace *awesome* to go to. Thing is, I'm new-ish to LA bc I'm a student and I haven't been around for a whole year yet. Anyone know of any good places to hit up??
"We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from the machinations of the wicked."

while(awake)
{
write_code();
}

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:00 pm

go up on beverly hillls lots of hanuted houses
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Hollywood Gothique
Ghost

Post by Hollywood Gothique » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:01 am

There are several worthwhile haunts in the Los Angeles area. It all depends on how far you want to go and how much you want to spend. I used to recommend the Haunted Vineyard in Ontario, but I don't think it's operating this year. Seaside Haunt in Ventura is great. So is the Turbidite Manor maze at Spooky House. Fright Fair is not as elaborate as some, but the actors are really enthusiastic.

You can get details on all of these here: http://hollywoodgothique.com
"We were alone with the quiet day, and his little heart, dispossed, had stopped."

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:23 am

Oh, The Vineyard. I am still hoping they find a place for it this year.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

Hollywood Gothique
Ghost

Post by Hollywood Gothique » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:03 pm

There's also a new haunt in Los Angeles this year, Haunts USA, that sounds like it could be pretty good. They're launching wiht a press night tonight, so we should know more soon. Meanwhile, here's an excerpt from an interview with the proprietors:
HARLAN FREEDMAN: We’re going to have more scares per haunt than most of the other local haunts. I think in one of the mazes I counted twenty-nine different opportunities to be scared. Which makes a pretty intense walk-through attraction. I also think that Ultimate Effects, which is one of our sponsors, is helping us build animatronics that are pretty unique and cool and interesting. Because we’re partially profit driven and partially a fund-raising event, a lot of our volunteer monsters come from charities, and there’s a lot more heart that they have, so I think our ‘scare-actors’ are more passionate about giving the customers an amazing Halloween experience.
You can read the rest here: http://hollywoodgothique.bravejournal.com/entry/22227
"We were alone with the quiet day, and his little heart, dispossed, had stopped."