Is anyone decorating outside yet?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
autumn
Vampire

Is anyone decorating outside yet?

Post by autumn » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:47 am

Has anyone seen any houses decorated yet? There are a couple of buisnesses in my area that have decorated but as far as houses in the neighborhood, I havent seen any. I want to put some stuff up in the windows but for some reason I dont wanna be the first one. The inside of my apartment is decorated and i cant wait to put up the lights and stuff in the windows. :twisted:

mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:52 pm

No I haven't seen anything myself either. I completely agree about being the first one. I think most people wait till october which is what I am doing. Well unless everyone else starts early too.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:53 pm

just put up grave stones, frankenstien and a witch.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:24 pm

I have alot of Fall stuff out, and some of my comforters....I usually do the inside first....I am going to start next week. It takes me days, sometimes an entire week to decorate everything and that is working on it non stop. It actually is alot of work, and I love people that put the time and effort in to it, because so many people are just plain lazy...it's not that they don't like Halloween...they just can't make an effort.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:23 pm

I have seen a few houses with FAll decorations out. Iv'e seen pumpkins and hay bales and stuff, but no real Halloween ones yet.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:51 pm

my neighbors just put out some pumpkins today....real ones. Wont those rot by the time Halloween rolls around?

I always leave my pumpkins up till Thanksgiving

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:37 pm

I wonder where they even GOT pumpkins, I can't find them anywhere around here.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:50 pm

The pumpkin patches in the Shenandoah Valley of Virgina are going strong already!! No, I haven't put out any outside decorations, just mums on the porch. :(

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:21 pm

We have tons of farms here with plenty of pumpkins to go around. I even saw some at the local super market yesterday. I think they actually stay good a long while, if you carve them right away, you may be in for some trouble.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:49 pm

A&P was starting to sell their pumpkins last night, here in Ontario.
I usually wait for Canadian Thanksgiving to end first, then draw up the map where everything is going..
let's see..our Thanksgiving is on the 10th, so about another week or so..meanwhile, the rotting corpse I'm making from that skeleton is getting done..Mississippi Mud is the color of choice for the rotting flesh..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:10 pm

Uncletor- I am jealous...you have an A & P??? A grocery store...right?

We had one when I was a kid, and it went out of business, but I remember shopping there with my grandma all the time. They gave out Greenstamps. Anyone remember those?? I remember licking and sticking green stamps until my tongue about fell off.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:34 pm

I am offically starting to decorate on Monday(of next week) ...I'll do the inside first...then I'll have my husband help me next Friday night and we'll start with the outside and work all day Saturday on it. Cause Sunday I am going shopping for more STUFF. :lol:

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:58 pm

Spooky, I remember green stamps, I used to love to go shopping in the green stamps store, I thought everything was free because no money changed hands!

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:59 pm

What are green stamps?

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:23 am

They are "Green" Stamps...... :wink:

You got so many for however many dollars worth you spent in groceries, and they had books and you stuck your stamps on the pages of the books, and then you could trade them in for free stuff. They had entire green stamp stores....It was like the original Wheel of fortune...where you went shopping and said...I'll take the ceramic dog for $40. They had everything in the line of household stuff....My Aunts would save together and take turns getting stuff.

They did away with them...why give people something for free when you don't have too...another thing that society went down the tubes on.