Do you drive around looking at Halloween decorations?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Spooky
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Do you drive around looking at Halloween decorations?

Post by Spooky » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:54 pm

I think I like driving around and looking at Halloween decorations better than I do Christmas. I love to see how creative people get. I love to get ideas for stuff. I think Halloween has become really awesome in the past 10 years....it probably is one of the only things that I think is more fun now than when I was a kid, even though I always loved it as a kid.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:57 pm

Heck, yeah, I drive around and look at Halloween decorations! It is great to see how other people do things, and get ideas. I'm one of THOSE people who will stop and ask questions if I see you in the yard (Ido, however stop short of ringing the doorbell....so far). :?

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:29 am

I live in Louisville which if you all have read my other postings you might gather Louisville is not all that into Halloween. Hardly any more trick-or-treaters.....and few to no decorations in peoples yards. In fact the houses that do decorate are like famous and everyone drives to see them. If more people decorated I would certainly be traveling around

I am too afraid to put a lot in my yard because things get smashed, stolen etc.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:49 am

I love driving around and looking. So many people here go all oyt every year and I love it! We have a family down the street that put up a rickety old fence every year, they make a graveyard and there's a grim reaper floating and all kinds of lights and sounds, it's so spooky but very well done and I love it.

Last year my boyfriend found a cool one and picked me up to show me. There was the back of a real car that somebody made look like it had crash into the ground. Legs were hanging out and "spirits" were hovering above. This one also had lights and music and was really awesome.

I would love to do something on those levels but we also have a problem with kids stealing or vandalizing, and since we will be moving soon we can't get too crazy.

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:27 am

There is a house that every year outdoes itself. I love to rush over to check it out because they go all out. They put up a facade in the front yard with different scenes and electronics. One year it was a lab scene complete with cadaver and mad scientists. It wraps all the way around the house. There are little windows to peek in and the yard is filled with decor and fog. People are dressed up to scare you and give out candy. I got to talk to the owner and he said he starts planning his theme in June. Wow, that's dedicated, I told him. It's my favorite holiday, he said. But if you like this, wait until Christmas. I went back in Dec. and he did the same thing, just not as elaborate. He's been doing it for many years and he keeps everything in a special storage unit on his property. I will try to take pics this year and post them for everyone.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:38 pm

I drive around alot looking at decorations. get some good ideas
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

JACKRYAN592
Haunt Master

Post by JACKRYAN592 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:56 am

I'M STILL DOING IT!!

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:29 am

Yep, there's still a few out here by me who have spider webs and skeletons in the front yard. All I have say to those people is: YAY, YOU ROCK!!!
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:04 pm

Yes! I do drive around. Been busy this year so I didn't do it as much but I have seen many houses with stuff set up, and it's nice. A few times in previous years I tried to get photos of some of the nicer yard haunt displays too.

Part of the fun of this stuff seems to be that it's like putting on a "show" in your garage...you basically put on a "show" in your yard or in your window, whatever you can afford is acceptable to everyone...simple paper cutouts or expensive rubber props, the Halloween geeks love it all...it's just a fun way to be creative and share the holiday spirit, you know.