The Ouija Board

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Spooky
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

The Ouija Board

Post by Spooky » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:37 pm

I use to belong to another messageboard (it didn't have anything to do with Halloween)...but I posted something about the Ouija Board on there and people went nuts on me and said I shouldn't mess with one and I thought...whoa! We are talking about a man made "game" that was made in a factory somewhere and is made up of letters and numbers and a plastic thingy...right? And it is sitting on the shelves of every Wal-Mart on the planet...so how dangerous could it be???

What are everyone's thoughts on it???

Do you think it really works...or do you think it is psychological and your in control of what it says??

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:35 am

My mom had an "experience" when she was younger that the board said it was the devil and had possessed the dog in the back yard. She claimed it moved too fast to even make out the words sometimes so she knew it wasnt her or her friend.

Anyhow she has NEVER let me talk about one or anything. Although I really want to go buy one and try it out....

Tidytourniquet
Crypt Keeper

Post by Tidytourniquet » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:04 am

I love that thing. Me and a friend of mine used to go to the cemetery and do it, she has said that her hands have gone cold (like a ghost or something was touching them). I have also done it with other people and by myself and every time it has moved. Sometimes it goes very slow and sometimes it flies off the board its going so fast. There has actually been a time where we followed it off the board and it went all the way across the room, there was someone in the next room that we wanted to do it with us and she wouldn't, we thought it was the thing saying that it also wanted her to do it with us.

Even though it has always been fun I think it is just our subconscious moving it but at least if you do it with a few people you never know who's subconscious is the one that's moving it.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:41 am

I used to mess around with one when I was a kid. I think if you are serious enough something possibly could happen, but I believe like Tidytournquet said that it may just be our own subconscious moving it. I know when we have a lot of people over doing it, it moves but that's cuz alot of people are there and someone is making it happen.

Anyway, I think the whole idea is fun for a HAlloween party and if it's meant in fun I don't see anyting wrong with it.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:45 am

Okay, pro time..
There is a NAME for what is happening. See, the mind finds patterns..and when it CAN'T it will stick patterns ON things..eventually it gets SO bored staring at the thing (no pun intended) that it will make words go down at a subconscious level just so you have SOMETHING as opposed to NOTHING..questions can really get some people too..they just HAVE to provide an answer...they tend to work less now with us being less uptight and more used to just STARING at a t.v. (And if you think about it..WOULDN'T the ghosties come through cable?? Wouldn't your plasma sceen be EASIER to fudge as opposed to a doinky plastic counter??? {"My name is Ludlow P. Thouckmorton. Please. Get over to my house. Tell my wife to SELL the Alamagmated Copper shares. There's a Vida Blue baseball card in perfect conditon in the attic behind the big trunk. Warn her the afterlife is itchy. Change the oil in the sedan.}) flinging it off is another coping mechanism. Now you don't KNOW you're doing it a lot of the time, but that's what's happening....yes, it was invented FAIRLY recently as far as these things go...it was popular for a WHILE, just like pet rocks, Flock of Seagulls, and Happy Face t shirts..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:03 am

lol, but then the movie "Witchboard" came out and people thought that these things really had some power to them. The only spooky thing that ever happened to someone that I know that was using one was like 10 years ago. My friend and her brother and a few other pwoplw had all the lights of and just candles burning. They already had there mood set and you knew they wanted to be scared. ANyway they believed they were talking to a little boy or something that was evil. They asked for a sign and at that very moment I called thier house phone and the ringing FREAKED everybody out. I laughed so hard. It was great to see the looks on all there faces!

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:09 am

i haven't touched 1 of those in over 10 yrs.
the last time i messed around w/ 1 my brother asked if he was gonna die soon. it said yes. a few weeks later he died.

i'll never have another 1 in my house
trick or treat

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:13 am

Oh rosie that's terrible! I'm sorry for your loss!

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:38 pm

it's ok. it was a long time ago. i'm cool w/ it

(that didn't sound right, did it :P )
trick or treat

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:08 pm

I understnad what you meant. :wink:

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:08 pm

there are soo many websites and soo many stories there very creepy and disturbing stories about them.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:34 am

No doubt due to the creepy and disturbing who bought them.
We must face facts..some people who live around us should not be trusted to take out the garbage...(and in some cases PROVE this..authorities recently broke into a home pumping out a HUGE stink where the owner was suspected of being DEAD..he wasn't..the garbage had just been stacking up in one room nearly to the ceiling, another room was totally full...a family of badgers lived in it..he would watch them. He found it more entertaining then the NFL...was outragged the house would be cleaned and the badgers set loose...) PLUS you have the folks who MAKE and BELIEVE all those urban legends....I bet they're just FULL of stories about how the evil of this world is CONSTANTLY trying to take over their lives..
by the way, Rosie, that WAS a tacky and upsetting thing to have happen
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:51 am

Risie-what happened to your brother?? Was it a freak accident of some sort.

My brother asked it the same question, sort of...he asked it am I going to die, and it said yes, and he said..how old will I be...and it said 91...and I thought...that's pretty good, but just the fact it said he was going to die...freaked him out enough. He took the needle thing off of the planchet (the plastic thingy) and scratched up the plastic circle in the middle.

Uncletor-I still am completely confused.

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:44 am

ok. this is a fun topic. we used to do these things when we were kids having sleep overs. along with the board we used to play "light as a feather, stiff as a board". it was fun until 1 girl actually floated about 2.5-3 ft off the ground. then when she fell and sat up, her eyes (which were naturally dark brown) were bright green. it was FREAKY! Then a few years back me, my husband, my sister and a very close friend of ours were watching tv. then all the sudden things started happening. the fan started turning. nobody turned it on. there was sounds of pots and pans hitting each other (like someone was pulling them out to start cooking) coming from the kitchen but no one was in there (that we could see) and then the biggest freak of all was when the tv started flippin around channels and turning on and off. the remote was sitting on top of the tv. of course, being the people we are, we thought it was a great atmosphere for the Ouigi Board. So we pulled it out. It "worked" too! We were getting messages from a couple of people. One person we didn't know and who came across fairly mean and evil. The other from my grandfather. me and my sister asked questions that only we would know the answer to and then the others put their fingers on the plastic thing. (we didn't touch it, so we could be sure, we weren't answering our own questions) and it gave the right answers. of course then it started hitting a little too close to home so we stopped. it was a very "supernatural" night though and one of the funnest!!! :D

autumn
Vampire

Post by autumn » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:11 am

I have never messed with one. My mom told me when I was a kid to never touch one. I guess I am scared to. You hear all sorts of stories. I dont know what to think. :lol: