Christmas With the Kranks

Talk about movies, television shows and music!

Christmas With the Kranks

Postby Santa Sam on Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:09 pm

Hello everybody! Well, I am fully into the Christmas mode! I watched a Christmas movie today- Christmas with the Kranks. I have to say, this movie is really funny and has some good acting in it from Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis. Overall it is just a really well put together, fun movie. I highly recommend this movie to any Christmas fan!

For those who have seen it, what are your thoughts?
You'll know the way I'm feeling when you love and you lose. I guess I've got the Christmas Blues...
Santa Sam

Postby EvilMel on Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:20 pm

I haven't seen it but always wondered.

I love Jamie Lee Curtis and I really liked Tim Allen in the Santa Claus, so I was hopeful. But now I will definitely check it out.
EvilMel

Postby MHooch on Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:46 am

Great movie, Sam. I love the scene with Tim Allen standing out in front of that store in the rain, and when JL Curtis is diving after the last Christmas ham...ah, good times. :lol:
"Making Christmas, Making Christmas....."
MHooch

Postby GreenElf on Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:05 am

YEs I was impressed with that movie last year and have added it to my collection. It was much better then I thought it was going to be and it is difinitly worth the watch however a few of my friends didn't care for it that much... Oh well, if you get a chance to watch it you will get a few laughs.
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Re: Christmas With the Kranks

Postby Andybev01 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:23 pm

I don't think we saw the same movie...

After watching that movie I literally said that I wanted the last hour and a half of my life back.

It has become the benchmark of bad movies. For me, there is none worse.

It's not even 'so bad it's good' like Santa Claus vs the Martians.

Now; how could such a soul killing picture have the BEST Christmas soundtrack...EVER?!

The Ravonettes song, 'Christmas Song' (not the perenial classic made famous by Nat King Cole) has to be the hip-est, coolest modern Christmas song to come along in decades.

Sorry for the strong opinions, I promise to behave from now on...because there is no worse movie! :lol:
"What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."
Dr. Seuss
Andybev01

Postby SnowMau on Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:37 pm

I love that movie! Definately a must-watch every year. That Tim Allen cracks me up.
Look out Rudolph, Santa might just replace you with the cute, magical, Christmas Kittens!
SnowMau

Location: Throwing Snowballs at the neighbor kids XD Just kidding.

Postby Snow Angel on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:49 pm

I haven't seen it yet. I hope it's worthwhile... :)
Merry Christmas!
Ellie...x
Snow Angel

Location: The North Pole (well actually Canada but close enough!)

Postby Bad Santa on Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:45 pm

Andybev I completely agree with you! It was awful.
Bad Santa

Postby Andybev01 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:43 am

Bad Santa wrote:Andybev I completely agree with you! It was awful.

Don't get me wrong; Tim Allen and Jamie Leigh Curtis are two of my favorite entertainers, but it was like watching two different movies that had nothing to do with each other.

One was a funny slap-stick comedy the other a depressing mellow-drama...?

But again, the soundtrack is a must own for every Christmas fan!!
"What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."
Dr. Seuss
Andybev01

Postby Chris on Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:42 am

I enjoyed the book more than the movie. While the movie was fine, to me the book was just a whole lot better. Have you read the book too? (It is based on Skipping Christmas by John Grisham).

Santa Sam wrote:Hello everybody! Well, I am fully into the Christmas mode! I watched a Christmas movie today- Christmas with the Kranks. I have to say, this movie is really funny and has some good acting in it from Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis. Overall it is just a really well put together, fun movie. I highly recommend this movie to any Christmas fan!

Chris

Postby Andybev01 on Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:12 pm

The book is a beautifuly crafted story, and I'll bet the screenwriter has never read it :-)

Chris wrote:I enjoyed the book more than the movie. While the movie was fine, to me the book was just a whole lot better. Have you read the book too? (It is based on Skipping Christmas by John Grisham).

Santa Sam wrote:Hello everybody! Well, I am fully into the Christmas mode! I watched a Christmas movie today- Christmas with the Kranks. I have to say, this movie is really funny and has some good acting in it from Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis. Overall it is just a really well put together, fun movie. I highly recommend this movie to any Christmas fan!

Dr. Seuss
Andybev01

Return to Holiday Entertainment