Does your obsession get worse every year?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:11 am

I have done that too!!! Pick up some item that I immediately think ooh this would look great as...(insert Halloween decoration idea here) drives a few of my family members crazy. But hey I have no problem with their obsession with Christmas, so there you go.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:02 am

OK...maybe I am getting bad...I found a box in a closet today that I had forgotten I put there. What was it? Some Halloween stuff that I had ordered in JUNE!! It was cool, not knowing what was in it. I got a pair of candlholders in the shape of witch shoes, spider candles to go in them, 3 sets of wound color makeup, and a instant fogger that drops into any bowl of water and makes a fog/mist no "juice " needed. It was like Christmas in sept!!! (I probably put it in there to hide it from the husband :wink: )

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:55 am

MHooch-I have those candle stick holders and candles. I love them!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:59 pm

It is not safe to let me go out of the house this time of year, at least not alone. Today I went to TJMaxx, and let's just say there are more packages in hiding right now!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: The best thing I got, though, was a life size cardboard stand-up of Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow!!! I am so excited...not only will he be good for Halloween, he can live in our movie room after. AND, he was onlt $20.00. (Ihad to buy him before someone in that store figured out he was supposed to cost more...I've never seen one for less that $30.00! Yeah!) Couldn't hide him, so I'll just have to suck it up when the hubby comes home! :oops: :lol:

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:23 pm

Where did you find the Jonny Depp at? TJ Maxx?????

It is my favorite movie so I would snatch one of those up right away.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:36 pm

Oh cool Hooch! They had those at Suncoast Motion Picture Co. in the mall the other day. They were about $23.00. I wanted to get one but my boyfriend is apparently jealous of cardboard. He got angry when I picked it up in the store! He was ready to leave me there! I think he's afraid I might cheat on him with it. I told him he'd know by the papercuts..... Men are so weird.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:56 pm

Mandy, I got it at a music/video store called FYE (for your entertainment) at our local mall. He IS pretty cute. My husband dressed as Jack Sparrow last year complete with wig with braids and red scarf, black eyeliner, beard, the whole thing down to the boots. He cut quite a dashing figure, I must say. I particulary liked the pirate shirt. Hmmm, maybe I should get that stuff down from the attic early! :twisted:

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:20 pm

MHooch-what is your "movie room"?

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:24 pm

Thanks for the heads up - we used to have an FYE in the mall...not sure if it is still there but I am headed there soon if it is.

darkshadow
Zombie

Post by darkshadow » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:03 am

I'm actually going to a year-round halloween store today, HALLOWEEN USA. (Think I already told you all) I'm so excited! :)

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:57 am

Micheal Myers: Last year we had our basment finished, and put in a family room. We splurged on a 52 inch plasma TV and a BIG comfy couch complete with recliner and chaise lounge...it's a sectional and about fills the room! We decorated with movie memorabilia, lots of pictures of movie stars, classic and current. They are all black and white photos, framed in black, the walls are kind of taupe, and the couch is dark red. We have some on black shelves, some on the walls, but the prize pieces are two large pencil drawings that some friends gifted me with when I transferred jobs...one is Kate Hepburn and the other is Cary Grant (we call 'em Kate and Cary). They are just gorgeous, and really were the inspiration for the rest of the decor. It's not grand or big, but it is a great place to forget about it all and just immerse yourself in a movie or two...or three or four....Jack Sparrow's partner in crime down there is a stand up of Legolas from Lord of the Rings. They seem very content there!

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:16 pm

Mhooch--Wow-that sounds like fun!! We have all that TV stuff too (husband owns a high end custom audio/video company)-the posters sound great! I just bought the old movie posters from the dollar tree (a post from someone else on the board) and they are awesome...Dracula, Werewolf, Bride of Frankenstein. Would love to have THOSE up all year!!

HOSGAARA
Crypt Keeper

Post by HOSGAARA » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:17 pm

[b][color=black][/color]

[color=black][/color]

IM ONLY 15, BUT I DO HAVE AN OBSESSION WITH HALLOWEEN, MOSTLIKLY BECAUSE IM GOTH! :twisted: I LOVE HALLOWEEN! :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: ACTUALLY I LOOK LIKE IT'S HALLOWEEEN EVERY DAY! DURRING HALLOWEEN SOMETHING STRANGE HAPPENS TO ME. AND I CANT STOP IT! :D I REALLY DONT WANT TO STOP IT THOUGH I MAY BE GATTING OFF TOPIC HERE BUT I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO ANYWAYS. THE WEIRD THING THAT HAPPENS TO ME IS I GET THIS ALCHEMY SIGN ON MY RIGHT PALM AND IF I WALK OUT INTO THE SUN IT STARTS TO BURN LIKE <deleted>! :roll: I HPE ALL OF YOU WHO READ THIS DONT THINK IM WIERD BUT IT'S ALL RIGHT IF YOU DO , BECAUSE I LIKE TELLING PEOPLE THIS IT ALLWAYS SCARES THEM HALF TO DEATH, BUT IT'S TRUE MY WHOLE FAMILY IS TWISTED, EXCEPT MY PARENTS THEY DONT UNDERSTAND ME THEY ALWAYS BUY ME THESE REDICULOUS OUTFITS THAT DONT HAVE A SINGLE SPECK OF BLACK ON IT, BUT THEN I DIE IT BLACK! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: [/b]
HOLY JOHNY CHRIST IMMA SEE EM IN NO TIME!!!

IF ANY ONE KNOS WAT IM TALKING ABOUT MESSAGE ME!!!!

HOSGAARA
Crypt Keeper

Post by HOSGAARA » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:23 pm

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: THESE SMILIES ARE SO FUN TO PLAY WITH! ANY BODY GOIN TO REPLY TO ME PROBALY NOT BECAUSE IM SO TWISTED AND NOBODY LIKES ME ALTHOUGH I DO HAVE A BOY FRIEND IN A F****** AWSOME BAND! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!! I HOPE HE LOVES ME TOO
HOLY JOHNY CHRIST IMMA SEE EM IN NO TIME!!!

IF ANY ONE KNOS WAT IM TALKING ABOUT MESSAGE ME!!!!

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:52 pm

We love new people on the board....it switches things up a bit. some people think we are weird too.....You will fit right in here with all of us who love Halloween just as much as you do.

Feel free to post around....