Any ideas for a pavilion scene??

Are you a yard or home haunter? Discuss that here.
Hallows_eve_88
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

Any ideas for a pavilion scene??

Post by Hallows_eve_88 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:51 pm

Hi, I just ran across this forum with lots of info and thought maybe someone could help with my lack of ideas for a pavilion scene for a hayride. (I hope this is the right place for my question)

We volunteer for a haunted hayride every year and I think we have reached our limit for ideas :roll: (Maybe that is why we have to come up with the scenes ourselves every year).

This year, our pavilion will be the first one people see as they go through the park. The outside of the pavilion is usually covered in black plastic all around and the "scene" is inside the pavilion as they drive by if that helps any.

We have done the morgue thing, the laboratory, the cemetary, diner, et al.....two ideas have come to mind so far, a funeral service or a dungeon, but I am not really crazy about either one.

Any help would really be appreciated!!! I do have a pic of the pavilion if that would help any!

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:59 pm

If you have seen George Romero's Land of the Dead, at the beginning there is a creepy scene which shows what the zombies are doing when they are not eating people. In the town park there is a pavilion on which three zombie musicians are playing trumpet, trombone and tamborine. The implication is that the zombies are doing what they used to do before they died...

How about a zombie wedding in the pavilion? Bride in beautiful white gown and veil holding a rotting bouquet of flowers. Groom in tux. Preacher holding Bible in hand and all of them are long dead...

As the hayride drives by the wedding party slowly turns to them and begins stumbling towards the people in the ride... after all, every wedding needs a reception feast! :twisted:
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:42 am

Very nice Celtic Ghoul, I can see it now... :shock:

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:39 am

How about a tribute to horror movies? From the Universal Monsters to Freddy and Jason? Kind of like a wax museum but the characters move and scare the hell out of guests. LOL
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:04 am

Use those scene setters...you could make a Haunted House with them...tape up windows and doors, and use cob webs...make chandeliers...cover tables with material and make centerpieces for on them...and then around the outside make it really cool, like an archway going in to the entrance....with lights around it, and cornstalks, and haybails, and pumpkins.....it depends on what your budget is, and if you have anyone that can build stuff...you could have walls made of ply wood..and make a bed...with someone laying in it....

I went to a Haunted House one year...and they had little kids dressed up in skeleton costumes that glowed in the dark, and there was a black light in the room, when it was dark the kids hid away from the people in piles of leaves...and then they flipped the black light on and the kids jumped up and danced around the room, and it was so cool looking.

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:55 am

One of my favorite quick scare bits is from Scary Farm. They have a polka dot room with some dummies and real people dressed up in polka dots bodysuits that cover their whole body. They lean up against the wall and who's gonna getcha?? Gets me EVERY time. Gah! You can do this with any fabric but it works. And it's cheap.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry