Dark or Daylight??

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Spooky
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Dark or Daylight??

Post by Spooky » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:11 pm

Does your town do trick or treating during the day time or at night?

I remember in my old hometown they changed it to during the day time, and that stunk.

I am glad that where I moved to it is at night...it is so much fun walking around at night.

A couple years ago there was a guy hiding in the bed of his truck, which was parked along the road in front of his house and he'd jump out and scare everyone...I loved that!

My son is 13 now, and he's going to go trick or treating this year...but I don't know if I can keep forcing him to go after this year...he goes on his own free will right now....I never thought I was too old to trick or treat. Haha.

I see people who get irritated at older kids...as if Halloween is only for really young kids...and I don't like that because I think anyone who wants to go should be able to.

I don't like when people are such Humbugs about Halloween.

My house is a hard house to get to, cause I am on a curve near a main road....but even if we are out trick or treating I leave all kinds of stuff for kids, or have someone there to hand stuff out, just incase they make it there.

I think it is the one time of the year you get to meet all your neighbors.

I love people who actually make home made stuff...like rice krispy treats, and cookies.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:14 pm

They had changed our trick-or-treating times to the daylight too but it didn't work out. Not enough people were home or able to give out candy in the middle of an afternoon. We went back to nighttime and it has worked out pretty well. You always have to worry about crime but the kids deserve to have their fun too.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:17 pm

My home area begins from 6pm till 8pm (up to 8:30pm) if they are coming late.... After the TOTs over, then we will take a night-time nap about 30 minutes or so... We will wake up and prepare the Adult party for everyone at 11pm till whenever the halloween party is over! :D

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:10 am

you know hauntmaster, having the adultparty later is a great idea, I'll have to give it some thought!

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:18 am

2 years ago we took all the kids trick or treating in a big group for about an hour...and then we came back and did our party. I loved that. Last year Trick or treat didn't fall on the same night as the party did...either way it worked out great.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:41 am

Our community goes after dark, to answer the original question :)

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:40 am

Our kids usually start around 4:30 pm. I remember when I was a kid, we would eat an early dinner around 5:30 and go out until we were just too tired to go on. I have had kids come up to my door as late as 11pm though. When Halloween is on a weekend.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:14 am

I know the town where I'm from doesn't really have a limit on when you start or stop trick or treating.... I always take my kids out right after supper 4:30-5:00ish as by 5:30 it is dark and we make good time. Last year my youngest lasted about an hour and a half walking then went to my parents house while my daughter and I didn't arrive back home until around 9:00ish. She had a sack full of goodies, a smile on her face and we had sore feet but it was so nice to see all the kiddies dressed up and the houses decorated...you can difinitly tell who are real Halloween people and who are not... Its not bad cause when we get back to the house we can still see some of the older kids come to the house and try to scare them or play into character... It's fun.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:51 am

the kids here start showing up AFTER SUPPER..which is pretty flexible..and why I have stuff like pizza and chili on the menu...my then, it's dark, (mostly) and they go until about 10:30 or 11:00
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:26 pm

Going in daylight just doesn't seem right. Trick-or-trearing in the night helps set the mood, and it's more fun for the kids!

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Re: Dark or Daylight??

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:46 pm

And in the day you can't see the strobe lights and the lit jack o lanterns. Sure it is safer in the day. But trick or treating in the day time is like watching TV with no sound. All the houses with the scary props do not look scary in the day. It NEEDS to be at night. Anyone who makes kids trick or treat in the day is a Halloween humbug!! :evil: Trick or treating at night is safe most of the time. If you live in a really bad neighborhood then do not trick or treat there in the day! :x Go to a safe neighborhood and enjoy the full night time Halloween trick or treating!!! :D
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon