The "Halloween" Movies

Talk about television shows, movies, music and more!
BlackCat
Haunt Master

The "Halloween" Movies

Post by BlackCat » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:37 pm

My boyfriend and I watched "Halloween" and "Halloween 2" last Weekend. This weekend we watched 4,5&8. I like the first the best because it doesn't have much gore and it is really creepy. The second wasn't as good IMO.

4 & 5 were worthy sequels except for the wholw strange man in black creeping around. Next weekened we are planning on watching part 6. I see that they have tried to stick with some storyline , but 7 doesn't follow that at all. "Halloween 3: The Season Of The Witch" has nothing to do with any of the others, so that one doesn't count. :P

Anyway, anyone else like the "Halloween" films?

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:44 pm

I always liked part 3 the most
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

skullychick
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by skullychick » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:28 am

I agree w/BlackCat, the first one always kicks the most butt.
When there's no more room in Hell,thedeadwill walk the Earth.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:33 am

i picked up halloween 25 yrs of terror

i knew i wasn't going crazy when i swa that in H2O more than 1 mask was used.
trick or treat

Binx
Ghost

Post by Binx » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:04 pm

i kind of like the scream moives myself but halloween was pretty good

cooleycoolgirl
Vampire

my favorite

Post by cooleycoolgirl » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:05 pm

Personally i love all the Halloween movies. I will admit most are a little cheesy and goory but isn't that what halloween is all about being about being able to go goofy over scary movies? I love number one it is creepy PERIOD!! It isn't that goory either but it is so cool. :twisted:
Im into haunted places

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:01 am

Halloween really introduced us to the ever popular teen slasher flicks. The original is still the best , but alot of decent slasher flicks like scream came after. There are also a bunch of over the top super fake gory ones that can be fun to watch on a chilly october night with a fire and candles going. Thank you John Carpentar for giving a us a great genre !

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:30 pm

I love part 1 & 2...and that Part 2 takes place immediately at the end of part 1...it was like it was one long continuous movie.

I got the 25 year DVD...with all the special commentary on it, it's sad that Deborah Hill died not long ago of breast cancer. Her and John Carpenter were great together.

Did anyone know that he left Deborah for Adrienne Barbeau when they did The Fog together?? They have a child.

John Carpenter likes to name his characters from real life people. Like in The Fog...Tom Atkins character's name is Nick Castle, and Nick Castle played the original Michael Meyers. He also was a director, he directed Skatetown USA.

I love Halloween(the original movie)...to me it is as scary as when I was a kid to now, because it seems so real.

The whole scene at the beginning where Donald Pleasance goes to the mental ward at night...and the patients are wandering around outside in the rain, that is about the only glimpse you see of Michael Meyers without his mask on...and he reaches in and grabs the nurse...that is freaky.

Does everyone know that the mask was a William Shatner mask that they cut the eye holes out bigger and painted white??

I thought that was brilliant writing to create such a scary character.

I love the girls in that movie. P.J. Soles was great.

I liked that it seemed realistic...they used a real street with real houses...and not a stage set. The more Halloween films they did...the more stupid they get...because they make the person immortal.

It is one thing to do that for a few times...but to keep going makes it almost comedic and not scary any more.

Did everyone know that John Carpenter and Deborah Hill...planned on making a completely different movie for all the sequels...that centered around something scary happening on Halloween, that is where part 3 came in to play...and why it was different...it was suppose to be that all the sequels were going to be about something that takes place at Halloween, and not about Michael Meyers...but people wanted to see Michael Meyers and never got their concept they were trying to do with 3.

I liked part 3, it was freaky. They do show a scene in it where the kids are watching the original Halloween on the TV in part 3, I thought that was neat.

I love the Halloween music...does everyone know that John Carpenter was the composer of that music.

It is so creepy.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:29 pm

I always liked how after Michael would murder somebody, he would tilt his head from side to side and just look at what he had just done. That always freaked me out.

Haunter
Crypt Keeper

Post by Haunter » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:58 am

Great post everyone, I am a huge fan of the Halloween Movies. As many of you already said and I agree part 1 is just creepy. I watch all the movies in the month of Halloween. Rumor has it that they are coming out with another Halloween movie, anyone know anything about that?
All alone in the woods with nothing but the smell of smoke from the camp fire, cracking leaves as you walk and seeing your breath from the cold crisp air. Halloween is my favorite time of the year!

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:55 am

Yeah Rob Zombie is making it with Carpenters blessing. He wants to "reimagine" the series, so t's not a sequel or a re-make really. He says he wants to put the creepiness factor back into the film. I guess we'll have to wait and see if he pulls it off!

Haunter
Crypt Keeper

Post by Haunter » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:27 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing it. I would like to see something new with halloween come out every year around this time. Something to look forward too during the season. One movie im looking forward to seeing this year is SAW 3. What did you think of the first two so far?
All alone in the woods with nothing but the smell of smoke from the camp fire, cracking leaves as you walk and seeing your breath from the cold crisp air. Halloween is my favorite time of the year!

Tidytourniquet
Crypt Keeper

Post by Tidytourniquet » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:42 pm

I loved the first Saw. I have the uncut version of that and Saw 2 on dvd, well I don't technically have them yet but my mom bought them both for me for xmas.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:13 pm

I actually liked Saw 2 better than Saw 1. All my friends think Im crazy for that but opinions very and I just got into part 2 more.

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:52 am

I am seriously disappointed that they are remaking Halloween (my favorite movie ever). I know it's supposed to be a reimaging...but why mess with the classics? Anyways...don't want to rant.

I love all the Halloween movies (even like part 3) but definitely 1/2 are the very best IMO. I have dressed up like Michael Myers for a few years now and you can actually get these little sound boxes that easily fit in your pocket that will play the Halloween theme. It adds so much to the costume...well that and the fake blood all over my coveralls.