What is your favorite scary movie?

Talk about television shows, movies, music and more!

Between these what is your favorite scary movie series?

Halloween series
54%
Friday the 13th series
15%
Nightmare On Elm Street series
31%
Child Play Series
No votes

Total votes: 13

cooleycoolgirl
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

What is your favorite scary movie?

Post by cooleycoolgirl » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:50 pm

Dear ppl,
One of the best things to me about halloween are the cool, freaky, scary movies that i watch every year. They are so great and i love scaring myself half to death and any more i don't even get scared because I have seen all the movies 10 billon trillon times. What is your favorite scary movie or scary movie series? Let me know because very unlikely i might have never seen it. My favorite scary movies are the Halloween michael myers series. That is just a awesome series to me.
I am pretty much into the 1980's kind of classic scary movies they are so cool to me. So tell me some of your favorite scary movies that you think i might enjoy someday.

Happy Halloween peeps!! :twisted:
Im into haunted places

Tidytourniquet
Crypt Keeper

Post by Tidytourniquet » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:03 pm

I like them all but I think I see the friday the 13th movies the least often so I tend to like them a little more.

cooleycoolgirl
Vampire

Post by cooleycoolgirl » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:07 pm

Hey Friday The 13th Rules Dude!!

happy halloween!! :twisted:
Im into haunted places

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:06 am

Freddy is my absolute fav.! I grew up with him so I guess that's why he is the best.

Every town has an Elm Street...
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:44 am

this is so tough. i love them all equally exept for the child's play movies.

the other 3 have sentimental meaning to me

friday the 13th- my 1st memory is of sitting w/ my grandmother watching friday the 13th, and there used to be marathons whenever there was a friday the 13th. it was especially great when it was on my birthday.

nightmare on elm street- the 1st movie to ever give me nightmares. i was hooked. what i wouldn't give to meet robert englund

halloween- IT"S HALLOWEEN. it started it all. whoever doesn't like halloween cannot call themselves a horror movie fan
trick or treat

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:25 pm

I really do like all of the films listed but the HAlloween series are my favorite. The first one is spooky and really set the bar for slasher films, yet they did it without alot of gore but planty of anticipation.

cooleycoolgirl
Vampire

so far

Post by cooleycoolgirl » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:08 pm

in my poll so far everyone likes either friday the 13th or halloween better mostly and im glad ppl are involved in this poll. i really don't like child play and i don't know a lot of ppl that do but that is just me so i don't think i will get a lot of votes for it.

happy halloween :twisted:
Im into haunted places

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:11 pm

Freddys my main man...He's wicked but playful, psycho and creative with his victims.....
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:19 pm

I remember sitting up late or all night in my bedroom as a young teenager with a coffee maker I bought with my babysitting money (for 20 bucks) drinking it black and watching scary movies.... Fun.... Ireally enjoyed watching Nightmare on Elm street and try and test myself to see it I can stay up all night like the people on the movie... I watched scary movies all night long. My room was painted dark purple from top to bottom and I had posters and pictures cut out of magazines of scary characters and monsters... It would be so neat to be able to see myself back then just for a night.... memories....
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:28 pm

Halloween. The original.

No question.
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

cooleycoolgirl
Vampire

same here

Post by cooleycoolgirl » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:43 pm

same here, it is the only halloween worth watching really. :twisted:
Im into haunted places

cooleycoolgirl
Vampire

Post by cooleycoolgirl » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:46 pm

[quote="Pennywise11"]I remember sitting up late or all night in my bedroom as a young teenager with a coffee maker I bought with my babysitting money (for 20 bucks) drinking it black and watching scary movies.... Fun.... Ireally enjoyed watching Nightmare on Elm street and try and test myself to see it I can stay up all night like the people on the movie... I watched scary movies all night long. My room was painted dark purple from top to bottom and I had posters and pictures cut out of magazines of scary characters and monsters... It would be so neat to be able to see myself back then just for a night.... memories....[/quote]

yeah i like nightmare on elm street but it is to goory for me so i don't watch it a lot. :twisted:
Im into haunted places

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:25 pm

Michael Meyers scares me more than anyone. After watching the first Halloween, you realize that could really happen. The rest of the Halloween films are a bit over the top but the first one rocks!

cooleycoolgirl
Vampire

Post by cooleycoolgirl » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:28 pm

i know he scares me to but if it did happen in real life i hopefully would be able to kill him unlike in the movies :twisted:
Im into haunted places

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:39 pm

Yes being able to kill him would be a plus. I think in the 1st Halloween Michael is vulnerable. They kind of ruined the effect by making him supernatural in a way. I mean we Freddy and JAson are super natural, but Micheal being a human made of flesh and blood was so scary to me. That's what made the story creepy, that a little kid wouls kill his sister then 15 years later come back and kill again. It's something that is believable, and the more believable, the more frightening!