when do you decorate?

Let's discuss ideas and tips for decorating for Christmas

when do you decorate?

Postby kallie0509 on Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:32 pm

just curious, when do you guys start decorating for christmas? before thanksgiving? after?
kallie0509

Postby Catzilla on Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:18 pm

I've already started in my study / game room, the lights have been run along the perimeter of the home too....still, quite a bit to do & I enjoy ever second of it. :P
Catzilla

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:30 pm

When I was small, my familiy always did it right after Thanksgiving. Maybe the day after. As an adult, eh, not so organized. Sometimes we've had our decorations up as late as the week before Christmas.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christm'oz
Holly Cl'Oz

Postby Snow Faery on Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:24 pm

I do mine on the 1st of December, which gives me just about enough time to sort everything out in the house and get really, really excited about getting all the decorations out :D It also gives me a chance to buy some new ones! :lol:
~ What's this, what's this? There's magic in the air... ~

Snow Faery AKA Magickbean ;)
Snow Faery

Postby Ol' Black Pete on Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:58 pm

Whenever the mood hits. baby! Boy, have I got a story to tell

TO BE CONTINUED!
Ol' Black Pete

Postby Silver Belle on Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:14 pm

That sounds very intriguing, Pete! :lol:

I decorate around Thanksgiving, or right before...if the family's coming over to our house for Thanksgiving dinner, I like for our village to be up at least....gives our place a festive look. :)
'In the air there's a feeling of Christmas...'
Silver Belle

Postby I B Freezin' Wolfman on Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:58 am

I have yet to take down a few remaing Halloween bits & bobs. After that, it's a long and arduous task of finding the perfect place for everything. Sometimes, I'll change where things are, and change my mind again, and again, until I find the perfect home for the item.

But this year, I don't want everything in exactly the same place as it was last year. I want to try a few more ideas I got durring Halloween, and see how it works out. I also want to try to make a few home made items. Things I've been saving up all year to try out and really make it look like another world.

It might be a tall order, since I opted to leave a few large props outside the box from Halloween. Maybe if I dress the Skeleton pirate in a black hood & robe, I can pass him off as The Ghost Of Christmas Past. But there's darned little I can do to explain away the foam pumpkins.

:lol:
45 }*-{)}

Lumps of Coal = 01
I B Freezin' Wolfman

Postby Christmas Knight on Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:48 am

The day after Thanksgiving is decorating day at my house, but this year I'm going to do some early, I took whole week of Thanksgiving off so I'll have time to get a head start.
Christmas Knight

decorating

Postby Santa Baby on Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:15 pm

I start decorating right after Thanksgiving I love to see the trees up and I feel cheated if I dont get to have them up at least a full month!
I've been an awful good girl,

Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight.
Santa Baby

Postby squarejelly on Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:39 pm

I have always started the day after Thanksgiving. All the fall stuff is taken down and up goes as much of the xmas stuff as I can do that day.
squarejelly

Postby Snowflake on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:22 pm

I was bad this year, I've put up most of my own things in my bedroom already :D The rest of the stuff probably won't be out until december sometime.
It's the most wonderful time of the year
Snowflake

Postby Christmas-Lover on Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:02 am

in 6 days i live in the u.k and we always do it when children in need comes on its a show tht raises money 4 kids in england we do it on tht date every yr :D
Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.
Christmas-Lover

Postby frenchy on Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:13 pm

when to the store today and went crazy as usual and bought some pingouin the one inflatble with light and some icycle light and some other fun decoration and just ask my friend when they think they will start decorating the house and the answer was around the second week of december wow ! i think it's a little late ...... and i was wondering why they weren't in the christmas mood yet ...........
frenchy

Postby kallie0509 on Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:24 am

wow frenchy, your friends do decorate late like some people for halloween don't decorate until halloween night, and i pull my stuff out in august.
kallie0509

Postby Snow Faery on Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:28 pm

I can't take it anymore! I'm thinking of putting my tree up tonight............ is that wrong!?! :lol:
~ What's this, what's this? There's magic in the air... ~

Snow Faery AKA Magickbean ;)
Snow Faery

Next

Return to Holiday Decoration